Content Creation Regulations

For-use-with-ICRPG

Form up, Shield Wall!

1. For anyone planning to build content sheets, one-shots, settings, classes, loot tables and the like, please include this badge on any material you put on the 'net!

2. Respect Hank’s copyright and do not incorporate any of his content into a derivative work without his permission. This statement goes double for art.

3. Under the terms of the Runehammer License, you can create content for use with ICRPG, but you can’t incorporate rules, monsters, spells, or loot verbatim. Use a citation to the source, if you need to reference the source.

For example, you want to create a monster manual for use with ICRPG. That’s awesome! Just don’t plunk down the stats of monsters that are already in ICRPG Master Edition (or previous versions of ICRPG). Rather, create your own! If you need to reference an Eye Beast or something, that’s fine; just cite the page in the Master Edition manual. “Use the same table for the Eye Beast, p. 103.”

1. When writing adventures, you can use terms like Timer, Threat, Treat, Disruption, Location, Obstacle, Goal, etc. You just can’t use the definitions of these concepts or explain them. The rationale here is this: we want people to actually buy Hank’s work. So, help him out by not giving away the mechanics.

2. Respect Hank’s brand and the “look” of ICRPG. If you make something that looks too close to the original, people may confuse whether your work is part of the brand. You have to have Hank’s permission to create something with that “ICRPG look.”

3. When in doubt, just email Hank and get permission. As the copyright holder and license holder, he can give his blessing to any project. Heck, he may even grant you a license to use his material freely or ask to include your work as part of ICRPG canon. At a minimum, he’ll probably give you a special mention if it’s extra cool. So, always reach out. For any offline convos or questions, Hank can be reached at:

hankerin.ferinale@gmail.com

Can I publish stuff using ICRPG mechanics?
ICRPG Sheet
If You're a New User, Read This First!
ICrpg SRD ? ICSRD?
Homebrew Content on DriveThru - What Are The Rules?

Hey All here. I reached out to Hankerin about publishing an adventure and referenced this page. He gave the thumbs up but mentioned “the badge is outdated… should just read ‘for use with index card rpg’”. Attached is the new badge that Hankerin sent directly to me! Thanks

For-use-with-ICRPG

Hey @abrentis, the new badge has been updated and added, all thanks to @KaneDriscol!! When you see him next, buy him a gar!

I have updated the bullets to refer to ICRPG Master Edition. And, of course, when in doubt, just message me or email Hank. Happy creating!

Hey @Alex quick question on legal copy. Do you have a specific paragraph or wording to use? I took a stab modifying some of the language in the core book. Let me know:

Index Card RPG Copyright
Runehammer Games 2018

Written consent provided to created content for ICRPG from
hankerin.ferinale@gmail.com

Visit Runehammer to learn more and join the growing ICRPG community:
https://hankerinferinale.wixsite.com/icrpg
https://forums.runehammer.online/

Looks all good @abrentis. And then just display the badge.

thanks for the confirmation!