Play by post anyone?

Muel’s Saves Rolls

• DEF roll is a 7+7 against Target 13(16?)
  • CON is a 13+3 against HARD Target 16, (“Ow! Something bit me!”)
  • DEX save is a 14+0 also on a HARD Target 16 (Muel’s handmade hand-me-down MIXED ARMOR GARB is ruined, :laughing:)
  • Muel’s DEF is now a +5.
  • Muel looks around for any sign of the driver with a WIS roll of 17 and then a 4+2 Basic effort [yesss!]
  • For my WIS free action I want to get more info about the dead body laying face down in the grass, [oof rolled a 2+0]

[Love the action/adventure montage Smittumi! It’s brilliant! So much action and choices in such a compact space!]

DEF save vs Nosroot Bramble… 15+4=19

Hykon joins in the search for the driver. WIS 7+2=9 Basic Effort 1 w/ no bonus

With his free action Hykon will investigate an old rusty chest, half stuck in the ground, that he’s come across. WIS 3+2=5… uwf

Some nice rollin there my friend!

Quildrum heads toward Mehrfin…

[ Actually, prolly wasn’t suppossed to do that 2nd action of investigating the chest. Think it’s one or the other. If so just ignore the chest investigation. Finding the driver is of more importance to Hykon.]

Def roll 12+5=17. .to help Mehrfin

Def save for the brambles 10+5=15

[I think Mehrfen has to make his WIS throw yet! He might still be safe…]

[I think Smittumi let’s us use the old “look, but don’t touch” perception check as a free action (using WIS) once per scene. So they might give you a nugget of info on the chest but maybe you can’t go over and make an ATTEMPT to open it or anything just yet]

[Alas, no]

Wis 1d20+1 = 3

Mehrfin sees something beautiful, shiny in the depths of the woods. He begins heading into the darkness headlong. Perhaps this is where the mystery of his people lies.

Quildrum will try n stop Mehrfin from guiding off in the wilderness

Muel is staggering around in the bushes, slapping and tearing at his armor, a grass viper attached to one calf.
“Gah, this viper venom is NOT making this any easier!”
He peers around the area through eyes that are almost swollen shut… almost
“Hey. Where’s the Torton going? Hey Quil, is your friend okay?”

" I don’t know where he is going but ima try n stop him"

Mehrfin notices Quildrum trying to get to him.

“Not now. I think I found the answer.”

Quildrum yells “STOP MEHRFIN!”…

Mehrfin ignores Quildrum, so drawn to the forest is he.

[I see that there was a Def roll on my behalf earlier in the thread. Will that be adequate to break the trance Smittumi? Thanks.]

[Questions: a week in how’s the game going from your perspective? And how’s the presentation of information about the encounters, is it clear? Anything you want to see done differently?

Rule change: no more rolling WIS on that free action for more info. Just tell me what extra info your PC looks out for.

Request: obviously post your IC talk however you like, but can you post you actual turn in one long post as its easier to understand. E.g:

"DEF save against the lightning attack: 15
CON save against the poison: 12

Baragorn glances at the ritual circle for any sign of a weak spot or useful info

Aiming at the enemy mage Baragorn fires a volley of fire arrows: 15 and 4 effort"

Finally: Loving all the banter and in-character talk, everyone take a hero coin!

GM turn coming soon.

[I’m taking a copious amount of notes Smittumi. You’re a great pBp DM, I’m so glad I came to the forum a week ago! I’ve read a TON of RPGs and have some books that I solo from, but I’ve never played an RPG with others. This is my first time and you guys are all great. I’ve been having a hard time with work, my schedule is nuts and I’m always stressed, but this is helping so, sooo much]
[OOC I’m legit into the story already and am worried about the people waiting on the supplies]

I’m really into the campaign and really enjoying your dm of the game… I like how you give us what we can see or hear and all about the surrounding areas… this is my first pbp. And thank you… for the hero coin.