Play by post anyone?

[Omg I almost forgot the Hero Coin!]

Quildrum body-checks Mehrfin and the two of them go crashing into the ground. Shocked by the sudden interruption of their dance, the moon-sprites let out a little screech and fly off into the undergrowth. Mehrfin shakes his head, but the flashing spots before his eyes don’t quite abate.

When he lands on the ground Quildrum also spots a thread of spider-silk, trailing along the ground in the shape of a snare. Curious.

[Nivek; Mehrfin escapes the waking dream thanks to getting tackled, but suffers a minor curse because of this encounter; whenever he’s in moonlight the first WIS test he takes is hard. He can of course look for ways to break the curse when he has time. ]

[Condor; I gave your action a half success, you can’t usually take a DEF save on someone else’s behalf without loot, but as you used you action and the score was high so I didn’t want to give you nothing.]

Muel stops briefly over a dead body lying in the grass. They were dressed in robes covered in arcane glyphs like a mage, but the head and hands are completely shrivelled and dry as though the very life essence of them was sucked out!

Hykon examines the half sunken chest, it bears the crest of the The Duradim mages guild. What’s it doing out here? But with no time to spare he hurries off to help find the driver.

Furlan, Muel and Hykon co-ordinate their search with great skill and precision. [Total effort 12 out of 10!]. Together they come to a wide clearing. Hanging from trees at the far end, bound up in white threads, are four human sized shapes.

The three call their allies and Fehrfin and Quildrum also arrive at the clearing.

Just as they do a massive black shape descends from the canopy on one thick thread of white spider-silk. Eight long legs, thick as branches, uncurl and move the giant spider into place. Its mandibles drip venom that spits and bubbles as it dribbles down to the forest floor. Its numerous eyes, insane with centuries of cold murder, glare at the group below.

They have disturbed this creature’s lair and it intends to eat each and every one of them.

[Give me a few hours to write up this next encounter, cheers. By all means talk if you want in the meantime.]

[What do people think? One more PC? I’m up for it, but I think 6 PCs has to be our top limit]

I’m having a blast with the game. Can’t really think of anything to change or do differently. I think you are doing a fabulous job! Being my first ICRPG experience I wasn’t sure how I’d like the PbP style but I must say I’m diggin it! As for another player… I’m okay with it.

I agree with GaryD20 assessment. This is my first experience PbP and it’s my first ICRPG game. I had my doubts at first but have since changed my mind. Thank you Smittumi. Your descriptions have helped the theater of the mind envision each scene. :slight_smile:

I’m with GaryD20. One more character is fine with me. Like me I was an add on so I down for it.

My thing is wat do we do with this is ol spider… Quildrum looks at Mehrfin and Hykon and says " What kinda magic do you have for this gigantic thing," I can try n shield you as much as possible…

[regrets not buying that can of raid at the last town]

My initial assessment; we just have to take on the Spider just long enough to distract it so we can cut down the people being held. Otherwise, if we do intend on a full assault. I can hide in the shadows (all stealth roll are easy for me) and I can activate the Glyph Stone of Shrouding to guarantee not being seen. lure it near me then I can jump on it and stab the SOB with my masterwork daggers until he has passed into the nether realm.

Quildrum says "okay and yells at the spider while moving to the front of the spider holding his sword and shield…moving left to right trying to distract the spider…

[Hmmm… Hykon has a Vine Whip spell. Says I can use it as a melee weapon or use it to grapple foes or objects and pull them. May can use it to do a grab and snatch on these hangin dudes…]

As long as you’re good, let’s do it!

Well My friend… I need some kind of help here… Mehrfin!!!

[I’m with you Furlan. I think kiting this beast away from the victims while a daring rescue is enacted sounds cool!]

Muel would like to take an action at some point to swap out his blade on his staff with the Mungroot poisoned spear tip. First thing he does, I think.

I think we need to elect one person to state everyone’s decision into one concise post. We all have good ideas, but if we keep up like this, someone will eventually step on someone’s toes during a turn.

Well letz hope there’s no babies around this big simbitch

Then we shall kill them till they die!

Ha, this big simbitch might be the baby…

Let’s hope there’s no babies cause we may b screwed if there are babies