Play by post anyone?

Elskith struggles against her bonds and cries out “Nnnnooo, they’ll kill meeee!” as she’s pushed off the lip, into the bowl.

The moment she lands the bulbs nearest to her shudder and then rip open as vines covered in sharp barbs spill out and cover her.

The barbed vines cover her [luck roll] and she screams as they cut into her, and then kill her.

There’s something else; an object fell from her robes as she hit the ground. It looks like a crab shell, but like a delicate lattice of reddish bone. It has the look of Torton design about it. [Luck roll] The thing miraculously survives the fall but slides away. It’s now about 12 feet away lying amongst unbroken bulbs.

The vines over Elkith’s body turn red as they drink her blood.

Target 15

What do you do?

Hykon points to the object that fell from the elf’s robes. “One of the keys, I presume.” He sighs deeply. “Can’t believe I didn’t think to check her.”

He looks around at his companions. “I don’t suppose one of you want to go down there and get it by chance? Maybe you?” he says, looking at Quil. “I mean, it was your idea to lower her down there.”

“Let me try something,” Mehrfin says, pulling out his flight crystal and aiming it down in the direction of the fallen artifact.

[Trying to see if can fly it to us telekinesis style. Int 4+3 +MR 12=19 Mag Effort 3+5=8]

Best Muel can do is a ten foot pole…

Mehrfin’s spell works and the key rises slowly into the air and hovers its way into his hand.

One key down! Well done guys!

Also well done luck rolls:sweat_smile:

“Yeah. I wasn’t sure that would work. I’ll have to use that more.”

[Noice!]…

[You see that, Quil? That’s using your noggin. And no elf got killed.]

“I feel a little bad about what we did to the elf.”

[I know, right? But in our defence it was Quil’s idea and he’s the one lowered her down there… Hykon pops Quil on the nose. " Bad Quil, bad.]

[Next time ill lower one of you turtles down there… ] Which way now fellas

[We’re Tortons Quil, not turtles. TORTONS.]

[Don’t we have to climb down to get to the other exits? We’ll probably have to find a way to kill these things of that’s correct.]

“Yes,” Hykon says, pointing to the barbed vines below. "Either way we go, we still have to deal with those things. “Any ideas?” he asks, studying the bowl shaped room below.

[Hey, Smittumi… Anything else in this bowl room besides these plant things?]

Hykon turns to brother Mehrfin. “Could you do that levitation trick on us? Float us, one by one, over this room to one of the other chambers?”

“I could certainly try, though as you’ve noticed, my spells don’t always work as planned. I’d hate to accidently drop someone into one of those bulbs.”

[Peering in (without dropping into it) the heroes can just about make out another chamber to the north-east, and another to the west.]

[@Smittumi … are the other passages right next to the plants or are they above them so that we could reasonably fly over?]

[I’ll also officially take my action of saving up energy so that I can help the spells to not fail when they happen. (MR 5)]

[Well, maybe just float one of us over. Then someone could tie the end of a rope to an arrow and shoot it over. Tie both ends off to something. Then the others could use the rope to shimmy over. Or just tie the end of a rope to said arrow and shoot it over and hope it sticks in something secure enough for us to tie the other end off and do the shimmy thing. Not sure the arrow would be very secure though. Would be better to have both ends actually tied off.]