Play by post anyone?

[I think we’re just waiting on Hykon’s turn]

DEF SAVE: INT 14+1=15

Hykon cries out and shakes his head, trying to rid himself of the terrible visions.

DEF SAVE 5+7=12

Clearing his head, Hykon takes out his sword and brings it around in a mighty swing.

STR 6+1=7

Terrible visions still clouding his head, Hykons swing goes wide, missing its mark as the tendrils swip out and land a devastating hit.

“Aaaarrgh,” Hykon cries, as the tendrils find their target.

[HERO POINT noted: 4/5 and 6 damage noted.]

[Sorry gents. Been one of those weekends.]

[Same here, man. I couldn’t have had a more insane week if I tried.]

[Having a 'mare myself. Will post tonight at the latest!]

Happy 4th my fellow ICRPG PBP FAMILY!

[JULY 4TH? I’M BRITISH, YOU COLONIAL TRAITORS! WE’LL BE BACK, IN THE NAME OF THE CROWN, WE’LL BE BAAAAAAAAACK! /inbred royalty noises]

Timer turns to 1

The Sea Priest bellows foul spells again through his thick black beard and a massive wave of water crashes into the eastern quadrant. Everyone make a STR save or get pulled into the water (if you miss remember you still get a turn to do some something but you’re in the sea).

The Child if Azatoth, its central eye destroyed, rolls its mass of milky white eyes. Lightning strikes from the sky hitting everyone in the eastern quadrant (everyone make a Defence save or suffer 6 damage)

The tentacle grapples Quildrum around the middle (DEX save to avoid, but even if you miss you can still act, its just that the tentacle has lifted you into the air around your waist).

The Priestess of Ruin once again targets Muel. (Again, one item of gear temporarily ruined).

Target 15

What do you do?

[Str 6]
[Int 3+3=6]
[Def 15+6=21]

The wave hits Mehrfin, pushing him along the ground, unable to make purchase or find a handhold. He fires off an arcane missile, but it goes wild, completely missing his intended target, the sea priest. Tucking inside his shell, he is able to avoid being shocked by the lightning strikes.

As Muel is pulled out to sea [STR 5+3] by the crashing waves, he grasps at his Mark of the Falcon pendant.
He begins to meditate and gather his strength, but at that moment he is blindsided by another wave and he snaps the leather thong holding it around his neck, breaking his concentration.
He shoves the pendant into his satchel and begins to climb out of the sea, [STR check 12+3] and over to Morvi (death timer 2).
As he makes his way across the beach he hears a shattering explosion all around him [DEF 15+5] as lightning crashes down, narrowly missing him.
He stops and stares at the spot he swore he just saw Mehrfin standing in, then mops seawater from his face, squints around again, shrugs, and continues on to Morvi.
Muel feels it’s his duty to protect Morvi, so that’s where he’s headed.
(1/5 Karma, 1 Hero Coin, 3/10HP)

[I think Muel is going to try to heal *himself* before helping Morvi next turn. That’s a CON roll to beat the TARGET and then BASIC effort to regain HP, yes? I don’t have any healing equipment that I can recall. I ate my stew and water and fish (Ealish Gar?) already.]

STR Save: 3+1=4

DEF Save: 11+7=18

As Hykon readies himself to send another bow shot at the Child of Azatoth, another deafening roar fills his ears. “You’ve got to be kidding me,” he has time to think, before being buried under a crashing wave.

Hykon is pulled out to sea, just as a strike of lightning flashes out of the sky, sending up a spray of rock, upon hitting the very ground Hykon just vacated. “At least there’s that,” he manages to think, before being dragged into the sea.

Hykon breaks the surface of the sea, spewing water. As he bobs along, riding the waves, he brings the GREENBOW up, once more, and takes aim at the CoA.

STR 14+1=15 / EFFORT 2+2=4

Hykon lets an arrow fly and finds his mark.

Dex:13+1=14
Quildrum slashes his sword at the tentacle
Attack:9+3=12
Kit of spikes:1d4=4
He misses but luckily the kit of spikes catches the tentacle…

Hykon’s attack blows a huge chunk off the statue. Its tentacles (which had helped it form an arcane shield) are gone.

Timer goes to 0

Foul sorcery and dark energy bubble up from the ritual circle. Spikes of multicoloured light shoot out from it and dance through that area. The Sea Priest and the Priestess of Ruin turn to each other briefly.

“I’ll see you on the other side, sister” says the Sea Priest. Immediately, both are annihilated by the spikes of light that punch through their bodies and disintegrate them.

Those same spikes reach into the Child of Azatoth, which rumbles and shakes.

“mY fAtHeR’s tImE HaS cOmE” - the voice echoes across the island. The storm increases in intensity and the far off drumming and chanting reaches a crescendo. The whole island structure begins moving much more quickly now, and the heroes understand that it will hit the shore near Duhadda very soon unless something stops it.

The Child’s arm moves and points to itself with a finger, with a gesture the mouth it had before (which previously spoke in your minds of armageddon) reforms into a new central eye.

[The targets on the Child of Azatoth are: 1) Arm, 2) New Eye, 3) Eye cluster]

The giant tentacle holding Quildrum squeezes him [Make a Defence save or take 3 damage].

Timer resets to 3 [I’ll tell you now in case it isn’t clear, this is when this island and the storm proper will reach the shore of Durhadda]

Target is 16 ( because Muel went into the sea, putting the torch out)

What do you do?

Muel reaches down and stabilizes Morvi (INT check 17+0 thank God) and she sputters up seawater.
[I think that’s my turn]

DEF:12+4=16.
Quildrum let’s out a yell “UUGGGHH!” He takes his sword and tries to stab the giant tentacle.
Attack:10+3=13
KIT of spikes: 1d4=2
“AHH DAMMIT!”

Hykon splashes out of the sea and back onto the rocky shore. He takes aim, at the CoA, with his GREENBOW once more.

STR 2+1=3

Hykon wearily shakes his head, as he misses his shot.

Hero Point 4/5

I forgot
Hero point…2/5

[That Spike Kit is a sleeper Path for sure. Guaranteed 1d4 damage per round ain’t no joke, and it really fits Quildrum IMO.]