Play by post anyone?

The heroes stand in the lair of a huge and terrible spider. The enormous arachnid, the mass of two or three shire horses, is set to attack. But the heroes have the initiative, and the battlefield is laid out before them:

The zones of the battlefield:

A) The Feeding Place, where four bodies swing in the slight breeze, bound up in thick webs – one of them is moving more than the others, but weakly. The spider is currently standing here too, ready to fight. It moves with a swift and eery silence except when it hisses and dribbles. Many knives, swords and broken off spears stick out of the thick hide of its abdomen.

B) The Egg Patch, where dozens of milky white eggs, the size of human heads, lie clustered together in little groups

C) The Main Bowl of the clearing, scattered with bones, desiccated webs and broken branches

D) The Entrance Way into and out of this lair of horrors – the heroes are stood here

The target is 13
The goal is to save the driver
The timer is at 2

All the heroes start in the Entrance Way – any hero can move to one of the four Zones above as a free action, but the floor is covered in webs and the spider can sense movement. If a hero moves to another zone they must attempt a DEX save when doing so to step carefully over the webs – failure can draw unwanted attention!

[I’m not really worrying about the difference between Near and Close ranges. If you’re in the same zone as someone else they’re Near and you can melee them, touch them etc. If you’re in a different zone as someone else they’re Far.]

[Remember getting info is a free action now – no roll needed]

[Try to put your whole turn in one post if you can; 1) Saves from attacks, 2) Movement to zone (and DEX save if you do move), 3) any Info you look for, 4) Main Action (intent, action, check and effort)]

[As this is combat - whoever posts first acts first, I’ll take actions as happening in that order]

[The Cleanse Spell will work, yes]

I’m continuing with my original plan, unless there are any objections. The only action I edit, is when I start stabbing, it will be in the eyes.

Muel looks like he is still feeling the effects of the venom, 16 is a tough target, but that’s one turn gone right off the bat. What say, Hykon and Co.?

Should Hykon and I burn a turn on a Cleanse and you guys go in?

[Do you guys prefer to know enemy HP or not?]

I don’t, we might focus too much on that

I’m not sure how I feel about knowing HP yet.
Also, I just thought of something, Hykon. I could use my Battle Standard to make someone’s roll EASY while you do a Cleanse, that way it’ll kill two birds with one stone?
Edit bc I’m posting too much: OR Muel could go balls out and not even worry about passing saving throws and just spend every action causing a ruckus to distract the bish. Furlan can still be stealthy boi and the mage and priest can do FAR damage and Quil can take my spear and make better use of it.
Classic kiting.
Sorry for the wall of text, I’m trying to multitask but I don’t want to miss out.

[OMG I just remembered that I can bookmark individual comments, gonna go back and bookmark the LOOT. ]

[oh man you can download them too. Sorry, I’m an old man and this new technology frightens and perplexes me haha]

[Well, Hykon can either Cleanse Muel or try and use Vine Whip to grab and wrap up the spiders legs. Cleasing Muel will be my turn so no attack. Cleansing is what I’m leaning toward. Thoughts?]

[liking the group, wishing we could play in person]

[This works for me. Companions?]

[How long are the poison effects lasting for?]

[Until cured or about an hour’s rest]

I’ll go with Hykon and say let’s do a Cleanse and I’ll do an action to make someone’s attempt easy. Who is attempting something that might be difficult that I could see them doing?
Do I need an ATTEMPT roll for that @Smittumi?

[Which loot is it? What’s it called and from which book?

EDIT: the BATTLE STANDARD? No need to roll to use it. Just name your ally]

I’ll give Quildrum the inspiration to make his next ATTEMPT an EASY one!
• Muel stage whispers “pssst! Quildrum!” and points at his Battle Tabard that hangs quite loosely without any armor underneath. “You have a Lightkeeper’s spirit within you! I can tell!” and he gives a thumbs up and smiles.
• Muel then turns his leg so Hykon can see the two (very smol) puncture wounds. “Ah ferk, how bad is it Father?”
• Meanwhile he’s already gearing up to tear ass across to take the fight to the spider in The Feeding Place. He raises his shield and lowers the glaive at the end of the oaken staff:
• DEX roll of 19! (+0) [yessssss] and then he’s going to make a STR check to slash at the webs binding the struggling figure: 14+3 STR ATTEMPT with a 3+2 WEAPON/TOOL(:metal:) effort.
[Edit: actually I’d like to slash at the part that is holding up the bundle in the air. So the single strand going up, if I can reach it logically.]

[Reading it now I don’t think you even need to act. The ally gets inspired seeing the banner. So if you want to take an action you still can]

[Did Muel take any damage last round? I have -2 HP from the orc arrows, so far as I know I’m at 8hp]