Play by post anyone?

[I don’t think so. You saved against the Nosroot.]

Hykon glances down at Muel’s leg and grimaces. “Tis bad. The leg might have to come off.” Then gives a wink and a smile as he holds his hands over the bite marks and softly mutters a prayer.

Cleanse Spell: WIS 13+2=15 Effort 5+2=7

After praying over Muel’s leg Hykon readies his Vine Whip spell. He will cast it in an effort to grab and entangle the spiders legs and pull it to the ground.

Vine Whip: 11+2=13 Effort 1+2=3

(Let me explain this better… 11+2=13 was rolled using WIS . But after rereading the spell description I think I should have used STR to cast which would make that 13 a 12. But if i do cast it using WIS then the 13 is correct and the STR roll for the grapple and pull thats whats down below… I hope that clarifies better? Sorry, having one of those moments…)

STR roll for vine whip grapple 4+1=5

Not sure if I use wisdom to cast the Vine Whip AND then STR to grapple and pull or if its just a STR check only. Think STR only maybe? If so that WIS check for the Vine Whip is actually STR and the 2nd check isn’t needed. Sorry… Hope that makes Since??

Mehrfin, realizing crap is about to hit the fan, stores [1d6=5 points of] energy in his memory ring. He clenches his fist, visualizing the arcane missile, and readies himself mentally and emotionally for what is sure to come next.

[Edited because I realized the memory ring holds my first three spells. I guess I’ll need to pick up my ribbon device somewhere down the line.]

Quildrum nods at Muel and slides his sword in his sheath and grabs the battle tabbard a holds ready to strike…

[Quildrum, you need to roll a stat to distract this spider. DEX if you’re kind of flanking back and forth in the way you describe]

Quildrum dex roll 11+1=11

My fault 11+1=12 for my dex roll

My mistake on earlier post… Quildrum grabs sword n readies himself for a Fight

[As I said, I’m resolving these turns on the basis of ‘whoever posts first acts first’. This means some of your plans didn’t quite come off]

Quildrum moves first, quick off the mark and heedless of the webs on the floor. He confronts the monster in its feeding place and moves back and forth, trying to hold its gaze, but the spider seems wary.

Furlan moves more carefully into the feeding area, slipping into the gloomy shadows. But when he tries to activate the glyph stone the stubborn thing wont work, so waits quietly atthe flank of the beast, waiting for his chance to strike.

Muel calls to Quildrum, who feels invigorated and readied seeing the proud Dwarven tabard. He speaks briefly to Hykon but runs off before Hykon has a chance to heal him of the viper venom. He quickly but carefully approaches the feeding area, moves around the enraged creature and slashes at the web holding the struggling figure aloft [5 effort vs 1 heart of web]

Hykon had prepared a prayer to heal Muel’s viper bite but when he looks up Muel has already run off. He draws on his divine spirit magic and summons a wicked looking Vine Whip.

[@GaryD20 I’m ruling that the Vine Whip is a summoned weapon and summoning it was your action. Use it as a weapon (d6 damage). Use STR to attack or grapple something NEAR. Or if you want to use it at FAR range cast again and you can extend it]

Mehrfin, seeing all hell is soon to break loose, stores arcane energy and prepares to fight!

The giant spider turns it’s attention first to Muel and bites at him with horrible mandibles. [Muel; suffer 4 harm AND total paralysis unless you can make a DEF save (Hard because the viper venom is still in you). If this does paralyse you, make CON saves in the following turns until you recover]

The creature then rears up and sprays venom from its mouth all over the near area [Muel, Quildrum and Furlan all suffer paralysis unless they can pass DEF saves, for Muel this is his second! As above, if this does paralyse you, make CON saves in the following turns until you recover]

Finally, one of its evil red eyes swivels and turns its attention to Hykon, and a beam of dark, vile energy blasts out in a terrible beam. [Hykon suffer 7 damage unless you can pass your DEF save]

Then, lurching from its position the giant mass scuttles with surprising speed to the Entrance way.

The ground around the egg patch seems to shudder slightly. [Timer turns to 1].

[The Target is 13].

What do you do?

Quildrum Def save roll 15+5=20… quildrum shakes his head as his shield is at a 45 degree angle… looking at his friends like they may b paralyzed…

[Don’t only post your save, post your whole turn]

[ok, I think I misunderstood something last scene. I guess I should have left it at "This ends Muel’s turn. Lesson learned.]

Mehrfin panicks as he sees a huge spider charging in his direction. Fight or flight kicks in, and that weird calm logic that takes over when you are about to be grinded by a large arachnid causes him to throw everything he has at the monster in front of him.

He unleashes his arcane missile (INT 1d20+3 = 14. ME 1d8+5 = 13 + 5 = 18) at the creature, and then begins running away from the thing bearing down upon him.

My fault… as quildrum readies his fighting stance… he decides to lash at the creature toward one of his mandibles…rolls a 13 with a +2 on str and a +5 on weapon if I did that right…

Muel rolls a DEF 3+5 for an 8
Then his CON save came up a 10+3
For his action Muel lays there, paralyzed, and gets covered in venom, unable to do anything.
“Wait, what’s going on?”
[This Ends Muel’s Turn]

DEF save 17+2
Jump on her back as she runs by bearing down with two Masterwork daggers
STR 13+0
effort 2+2 and 5+2 (both daggers)

[Which zone do you run to? Whichever it is make a DEX save to avoid the webs]

[So, I take it you chase the spider over to the Entrance zone? Cool]

[And to think I was worried I’d over-stat’d this thing! Jeeez, the damage you guys kick out!]