Play by post anyone?

[so, are we waiting for the GM to post again before we take action? Or are we to take action first??]

[I’m also fine with one more player.]

[You’re doing great in my humble assessment Smittumi. Keep up the good work.]

Mehrfin comes running up to where Quildrum is standing. “Sorry. I’m still clearing my head. I need to sleep I think.”

He checks himself, using his fingers to try to remember what he has studied. “I have two spells I’ve learned I could try to use. One is a doorway spell … might help you guys get close to the creature or the bodies and then get away quick. Problem is I’d need to get right up to where we are going to be able to open it there. Second spell is an Arcane Missile … basic offensive spell. I could do that from back here. I’m not sure if I could do both at once.”

[Are there any concentration rules for spells in this game?]

He’ll be back with the meaty bits soon I think! This was just a scene setup (I think)

Nivek, what does the doorway spell do?

[@Smittumi, do you have any objections to me converting my spells into artifacts? I was thinking a glove or gauntlet akin to the hand device used by Ra in the Stargate movie. The idea would be that most spells would be interchangeable crystals in the center of the device that would have different effects when used. This wouldn’t exclude any other artifacts … I’m just a bit of an artifact nut. It also allows me to lose the things more easily, which adds one more excuse to give my character a hard time. :slight_smile: Thanks.]

[@Lordfurlan, from the ME book: “Create a magical doorway from your present location to any location you have been before. The door remains open 1d4 rounds”. I imagine this could have several decent effects, especially if we want to get back up that cliff easily.]

Curious, could you use this spell offensively? Open a doorway in the middle of the spider and bam! Instant MDK.

[@Lordfurlan: Anything’s possible. My character has never tried it that way before (Spent too much time in the library and not enough time actually killing things), but I could have him try it and see how the world responds.]

[He’d still need to get right up on the spider to produce the effect, though. You guys will have to come rescue me again. :)]

[I’m guessing “Present Location” is a CLOSE reference. Let’s see if @Smittumi weighs in and we’ll act accordingly. Thanks.]

So far we have two options: doorway spell and me jumping from the shadows

The reference to Stargate reminded me of an episode where the Earth ship was out gunned by a larger ship. In desperation, they armed an atomic bomb and transported it to the enemy ship. Destroyed it from the inside out.

[If you guys keep that thing occupied I’ll try and use my Vine Whip spell to grab those hanging bodies and snatch em down. Hopefully, keep from having to climb up the tree and be on the spiders home turf.]

@Nivek in my mind each mage spell should be tied to a physical object, if you have a style preference for what that object is that’s totally fine. What if each spell was bound into a small yog crystal, and activated through your gauntlet? Does that work for you?

Re the doorway spell, I don’t see the doorway damaging the thing it’s cast on, and the thing has to be big enough to hold the door. So I don’t think you can make it into a direct weapon that way.

Quildrum will try n keep him distracted while yall try n help kill n rescue the bodies. Yall may need to save me from any venom if I get hit… I’ve dealt with spears n whips nchain flails before but nothing like this…

[say hello to my little friend]

We’re assuming the human shapes are alive, right?
What would a spider that has acid venom be weak against do you think? I don’t know if my poison spear will do much, this seems like a poisonous area in general…
Should we attack to kill, or distract?
Is there a CLOSE/NEAR/FAR here?
I think Furlan should go in with his stealth? Maybe Quil or I go with for STR, that way we can make two ATTEMPTS in one turn? Or even three of us?
Just spit balling on my break, gotta get back to work.

Eww, Don’t spitballs on your break. That’s unsanitary.

That’s what they keep saying, but I can’t stop.

[Hell, maybe we should all just focus on taking this spider out. That way we could take our time afterwords getting the bodies down and investigating the area. Still things here to be seen and investigated. Shouldn’t be too hard with 5 of us against one little ole spider…]