IDEAS & REQUESTS

forum-feedback

Gotcha. Not quite what we are looking for then. Should be here on this forum and free. Ideally and if possible.

the icrpg discord channel is free but silent🤔maybe this could be the place for us mortal beeings

Do you think we could get a dedicated thread for sharing notes, scrawlings, prep work, and other ephemera? I would love to see other people’s work/table setup. :slight_smile:

There have been several posts in setups, I think it could be a useful thread, but won’t be too active after the initial flood…then again, it might be right up everyone’s alley.

Yeah, it’s definitely a niche kind of thread. Could die quick or inspire people to make prep fun!
I don’t have a horse in this race, I just nerd out on the deep end of RPGs. :smiley:

I have been mulling over and idea both in my head and publicly on the forum and also discord. I personally think it would be cool to have a map where if I wanted to see who else plays in Fargo, North Dakota, then I could go to said map and see if there are other players in the area. This would be a way for players to connect with others that they may not have otherwise in their area. I’ve seen a similar model work with other groups.

The obvious choice would be to integrate it into the forum since this is a very active community. Thus I’m going to submit it here for consideration.

The alternative is to build a separate site and see who signs up, but I would rather integrate into a healthy community rather than try to create something different. Because in this case I think it would add a lot of value to the forum.

Cc @Andreas @Paxx @wyrmisis (others who have participated in the other discussions)

I like the concept of tags.

I might have missed it but is there a general tag for questions/clarification/help? something for new people to the game could browse through. sometimes you don’t have a specific to search for, you just want to walk through the library and look at the titles.

I would love to see the tab (Unread) or (New) at the top of every thread so I can navigate between them more easily! Please! :smiley:

I think it would be grand if there was a sub forum for things that where for sale!

There seems to be bad blood when people are advertising something cool, and there is no free option. Also when the link is obviously a sales pitch. If there was a for sale (rpg related only) section, we’d have less to be bothered by it…or it could be moved there.

Kickstarters, driveThru, stuff at dollar tree!!!

I would like a submission form for art, both visual arts and writing for a community periodical.

This would need to include a flexible usage rights statement. And a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike
CC BY-NC-SA

Type licensing, or something similar. With explicit rights for the runehammer forums to publish it in a package with other submissions for free.

Allowing adventures and visual art concepts to be mixed and distributed for play with ICRPG or other concepts that are unforeseen by me at the time of this writing.

A new category for RPG Mainframe. That or an official post each week for us to discuss! :smiley:

Hey Paxx, what’s up? How did the idea for a community periodical turned out? Did it happen? Are you still compiling this stuff?

Went over like a lead balloon. So no compilation.

Active permission asking and such had few responses. Most who responded where all for it.

That blows, man. But hey, if you ever get to the point where it becomes feasible to try again and you see my name in anything you`d like to put there, consider this my enthusiastic ~yes~ to save time :slight_smile:

Guys, I just noticed something strange regarding my print and PDF copies of the Core 2E

My PDF has the Froglodyte monster on page 126. The print version has the Tree of Death on page 126 and while it’s not missing a page (page count is ok), the absence of the froglodyte messed the page positioning from that point on (odds/evens) ‘-’ Is there a story behind the removal of the froglodyte?

If i’m understanding you correctly the book is missing a page? The pdf is a newer version than the book.

Hey man. No, it’s not. The pages on the print version match perfectly the summary and everything else. But the PDF has a page that’s not on the print version: the froglodyte monster. As far as I know (I tried to check everything but I might have missed something) everything else is the same - rules, adventures, world primers… It’s all there.

That was actually my question… I think you’ve answered me when you said the PDF is a newer version. It might have been added later - my print version was bought on Amazon, so it might be an older printing.

yeah the pdf will have been updated since the book was last updated. due to the publishing requirements, the pdf and the book are update seperately.

As a new user, I think the forums work great! The ONLY THING is that links do not open in a new tab… I mean WHY would I want to go away from these amazing forums!?

Seriously, it would be super nice to make links open a new tab.

Just ctrl+click on the link and it will go to a new tab by itself! Cheers!