IDEAS & REQUESTS

forum-feedback

I didn’t find a topic where we all can put our requests and wishes for the forum.
So here it is, feel free to post your ideas on what could be the forum in the future.

So i begin:“I think it would be very cool if we had a “sub-forum” to find / organise play sessions of ICrpg. After all this is here that is more likely to find GM and players for that game.”

See ya

I second your request of that subforum.

Also: I’d like to see the Creative Commons License with the ‘For use with ICRPG-badge’ being posted somewhere on the forum for easy access. Maybe even pinned, or in another way easily accessible.

It’s a small thing, but it would be helpful.

How about a ‘Vault’/File section, like in FB? For those who would like to browse for inspiration or upload stuff to inspire others. I don’t mind browsing the forums, but it would be nice to have them all in one place.

Great suggestion. Done.

I think these other sections are a good idea. I will speak with the Admins and see what we can get done, subject to Hank’s blessing, of course.

A page or video showing how to use this site’s interface and how to navigate would be helpful. (or if this exists on the interwebs, I’d be grateful if someone pointed me that direction).

Have you tried following the DiscoBot tutorial? If you send a post to DiscoBot, the system will walk you through some of the basics.

That may be just it…how does one send a post to discobot?

Pick the “DiscoBot start new user” command and then follow the steps.

:slightly_smiling_face:

Helped a ton! Thanks @Alex!

UNLIMITED NUMBER OF LIKES! LIKES FOR EVERYBODY!

@waddinghambrett awesome man. I’m glad.

It took me a bit to get sure-footed here with the new format. Also, it’s still a bit of a work in progress, but I think in terms of the skeleton, we have a great new home.

Not sure this is the safest thing, but a local group finder would be awesome. Maybe a list of locations where any lumpy heads are at that are looking for players/DMs and can be reached via the website.

We made a new category called Looking for group, let me know if that helps! https://forums.runehammer.online/c/icrpg/lfg

Added a resources category here let me know if that works for you: https://forums.runehammer.online/c/icrpg/resources

You can see all the ICRPG categories here on the category page

https://forums.runehammer.online/categories

good idea, working on it. we’ll also include a little tutorial on how to get the DISCOBOT tutorial started

A lot to scan through, so forgive me if this has already been suggested.

But while I’m thinking about it, rather than just a formless lump called Resources, would there be value in having separate subcategories within ICRPG Category for:

Alternative Classes

NPCs and Monsters

Adventures

Settings and Locations

House Rules

And so on…?

So this is an age old problem with forums…

Each added category does provide some extra value but also adds increased complexity at every level. Increased cognitive load when being required to choose a category when posting a new topic… Increased navigation complexity when moving through the site… And Increased time spent by mods to manage and edit mis-categorized posts.

Google+ was designed with minimal categories and good search. Their approach was to provide with search function what other forums provide with category complexity. This forum does have a very good search feature and you can bookmark searches to create lists of things you’re interested in.

Here’s another idea: This forum does have tags. They are disabled right now, but tags can be added by members at time of posting. You can search thru tags to find a good one or add a new one right in the post box.

Perhaps using one large category of resources plus many different tags provides a good middle ground of simplicity and complexity.