Play by post anyone?

“Ah crap!” Mehrfin grabs his shield to defend himself and Quildrum against the onslaught (Def 16+6=22). “Freaking zombies!” Mehrfin yells as he casts an arcane missile into the crowd (Int 18+3=21 ME 4+5=9), backing up as he does so.

Def roll: 9+3=12
Quildrum quickly steps toward a zombie with sword n shield already out. Swings for head if the closest zombie.
Str roll 6+2= 8, with the steel spikes quildrum gets a 1d4 roll for damage on any miss: 3.

Hykon looks at Muel thoughtfully. “I think we’ve come to far to turn back now. Let’s see if we can find a way around or through these rents.”

While talking to Muel, Hykon reaches out and lays a hand on Morvi and soflty recites a little prayer.

Healing Touch: WIS 7+2=9 EFFORT 8+2=10

Hykon will then start scouting around looking for a way through, over, or around these rents.

INT 12+1=13 or if its a WIS check then 12+2=14

Muel will roll a DEX check to get across 12+0
Morvi rolls a 14+1 to also leap a chasm again

Hykon successfully heals Morvi’s injury but that takes a moment and he doesn’t have time to properly scout the area yet.

[It’s pushing it but this time I’ll allow the WIS check too]

Hykon then studies the area and sees a slightly labyrinthine path across the torn ground.

[A DEX check using this path to get across will be EASY]

Before Hykon can inform the other two Morvi and Muel jump across the gaps, but luckily they just about make it to the other side.

The rumbling grows louder and Hykon senses an angry, destructive magical energy building under the earth.

Timer 1
Target 12

What do you do?

“Better get a move on,” Hykon yells as he hurriedly navigates the path across the rent and torn ground. “I have a feeling something bad is about to happen.” With that he puts his head down and beats it along the path as fast as he can.

DEX 13+1=14

Quildrum and Mehrfin join the zombies in battle, and their skill makes short work of the remaining undead. The devastating arcane missile wrecking the monsters before Quildrum’s steel spikes even get a chance to move in.

[FYI, these were mooks not unlike the scrub orcs from the cliff-side road. They fight as a group but can be attacked as a group.]

With the zombies destroyed the two heroes carefully enter the southern base of the tower. On a QUICK GLANCE the room appears to have once been a kitchen, many centuries ago perhaps. Ancient ovens and shelves are here, along with two huge tables and a big open fireplace. There are also barrels and meathooks. Any food that had been here has decayed to dust long ago.

But there are signs of recent violence. A terrible rage that smashed through this room. Several zombie bodies had been ripped to pieces and the disturbed dust shows that many smashed jars and pots were only recently vandalised. There is a huge crack in one of the tables.

There are no obvious exits. Dull, unclear noises from higher up the tower occasionally break the silence.

Timer 2
Target 15

What do you do?

“I should refurbish this place at some point. A nice little out of the way getaway for travelers.”

Mehrfin walks around the kitchen looking for anything useful. A knife that could be used as a weapon or a tool of some kind. (Wis 3+1=4)

“Well, we’ve come this far. Want to go take care of whatever’s making those dull, unclear noises?”

Mehrfin saves (3 points of) magical energy into his memory ring.

Hykon, Muel and Morvi escape the ruined, rumbling earth and run up the hills ahead. Eventually they reach the tallest hill and find themselves looking down on a valley.

Above them is only the still clouded sky, below them are the Ruins of Kiln.

Kiln was once a human citadel, a temple-fortress dedicated to now nameless goddess of war. Whether the goddess fell first or the citadel has been lost to time. Now all that remains are huge blocks of fallen white stone and old black timber, from the outer walls and the main structure. Stood amongst it all is a still beautiful smooth stone carving of the goddess, easily fifty feet tall and bearing a spear, shield and armour in the hoplite style.

Amongst the ruins is a hive of activity.

1. Dozens of scrub orcs, their ragged clothes stained with sweat, are loading blocks of stone, salted meat and other supplies onto wagons. A cruel looking snow orc whips any of them who seem to be slacking. Saddled direhorns (or something like them) drink from troughs of red liquid.

2. There are two seige towers, half-complete, on wheels and ready for transport. Guarded by several snow orcs.

3. Snow orc war-callers stand in a spiral formation, honing their war-cries and summoning raging magical energies into tight swirls around them.

4. A twenty-five foot tall mammoth, four-tusked and one-eyed, is standing by as human mercenaries in mixed armour styles lash fighting platforms to its back.

5. A well guarded, grey command tent is attended by snow orc officers, elven nobles and scrub orc servants. Many orc and elven banners fly atop it.

6. A mass of tents and cook-fires is inhabited by a great many warriors, almost all snow orcs, but dotted with humans and elves also. These are mostly resting. A few are gambling or wrestling to pass the time.

Everywhere are heavily armed snow orcs, on patrol or working at various things. They seem well disciplined, their bone white armour gleaming and polished.

[This is a crossroads, not really an encounter in itself. You need to pick your next encounter. One of the things here, head elsewhere with what you have learned, or do something else.]

What will you choose?

“This,” says Hykon, gesturing to the staggering site below, " Is more than I thought we would find." He shakes his head in disbelief. "I’m not sure what I thought we would find. But not this. Hykon looks back and forth between the faces of Muel and Morvi. “What are we to do against that?”

“My friend, if we clear out this tower and alive after all this, yeah sure turn into watever you would like. So which way do we go from here.” As Quildrum looks for anything that could b useful in this place. He also looks foR a way up the tower like steps or any possible exits that could hidden from plane sight.
INT:18 +1.

[I think Muel would see encounter 1 as an opportunity to leverage the scrub orcs against their captors and get some direhorns to boot, we just have to kill the one snow orc slave master. I’ll post flavor later,at work haha]
“I think even a scrub orc could see how righteous your path is Hykon. Let’s free them from the snow orcs and see what path they choose.”

Quildrum and Mehrfin search the room for exits and weapons.

They find a Rusty Cleaver (d6 but on a 6 it also breaks).

They also find a hidden passage down to the cellar, beyond which they can hear an electrical cracking and swirling noise, not unlike Mehrfin’s Doorway spell.

Finally, they find a hidden staircase to the rooms above. There is a noise like disturbing, distorted human voices, snarling and barking like animals. One barks louder than the others.

Timer 1
Target 15

What do you do?

[What did you want to do here Condor? If I was playing a video game, I would usually clear out the tower before going through the portal to the next level.]

Quildrum and Mehrfin I forgot to say, there is a terrible screeching from somewhere high up in the tower, getting closer.

Im like you we should be careful n clear anything above us first, then maybe go to the cellar.

I also think we should go up the steps a Lil ways to see if we come to a door or a floor of doors…

Gm. How wide Is the staircase.

Good thinking. I’m just a turtle, so I would prefer to have a place to run. :slight_smile:

[Wide enough for one person at a time.]