Play by post anyone?

" T’wood be a most righteous path indeed," Hykon says, studying the encampment below them. “How do you propose we get down there to them? Any tricks up your sleeves? To be caught will surley be the death of us. Doubt we’d find much compassion among the Orcs.”

Hykon will study the encampment below in an effort to spot a way through it, to get to the area where the Scrubs are, without being seen or caught.

WIS 16+2=18 or INT 16+1=17 (unsure what STAT it is, I’m assuming INT but will give both in case it’s a WIS check)

[I want to try to stealth in and take out the snow orc in #1 Then, if we can, persuade :person_fencing: the scrub orcs to our side (or even not :skull_and_crossbones:) and THEN I have a plan for that mammoth, maybe. (i.e: stabbing it with my poison spear and then beating feet ASAP) lmao let’s GO]

[Muel wants to try and sneak down to the scrub orcs loading up supplies along with Hykon and Morvi, and attack the Snow Orc slaver, he’ll use his Battle Standard to make Morvi’s DEX roll EASY] (I’ll just give you the raw 1d20 here Smittumi? Not sure how you’re handling this)
•Rolled an 11 on a 1d20, DEX, INT, WIS all +0 for Muel
•Morvi rolled a 9+1=10.
[Not sure if it’s relevant, but I also have a JAR OF SMOKE that can be used to lower the Target, maybe make it seem like something got spilled in a nearby fire and caused a SHITLOAD of smoke?]

[I just realized, it’s gonna be hard for two dwarves and a Torton to “blend in” in an encampment. We might have to steal some clothing to disguise ourselves or something lol I don’t know]

[Yeah, I guess I should probably do a DEX roll to… Looks like we’re doing this.]

DEX 11+1=12

[I was thinking the same thing. Hykon has a cloak he can try to cover himself up with. It makes him nearly invisable if he’s standing still. Don’t know how much it will do for him, if anything, while moving though.]

“Hit ‘em with the ol’ priestly razzle dazzle and they’ll be eating from your hand… maybe!”
(Muel makes some preliminary stabbing motions with his spear and adjusts Morvi’s armor a little.)
“Heh-heh, okay!”

That would impress the hell out of me if I was a scrub orc! Especially if they just came out of nowhere and killed my captor

[Yeah, but man are there a lot of moving parts to pulling this off. First, we have to find someway through the encampment to where the Scrubs are. Then we have to off the guard. Then convince the scrubs to join us or at least not to eat us. All without being discovered by anyone. Yippie Ki-ya M-f-er!!]

[I’ve still got my Hero Coin to. Might come in handy. You still have yours?]

I do not. I also didn’t get any armor when I was in town, I just realized. Might have to MacGyver some together. This gonna be fun. Maybe we’ll go out like heroes, trampled into a pile of mammoth poo while scrub orcs look on
(Maybe I’m just tired, but two dwarves and an INVISIBLE Torton getting absolutely danced on by a cyclopean mammoth while a bunch of orcs look on has me dying rn)

I’ll go up the stairs first. If I get pushed down by something I can slide down on my shell (assuming I even have one of those).

[Edit: Mehrfin stores another point in his memory ring, bringing total saved to 6.

Wis 16+1=17 to keep from being surprised. Rusty kitchen implement in hand.]

Well i wait at the bottom of the stairwell. Mehrfin you ok my friend? Standing back I defensive position waiting for comes down the staris

Mehrfin calls down, his voice echoing down the steps a bit. “So far so good, bud. I keep expecting a jump scare. That incessant screeching isn’t helping.” He holds the rusty cleaver tightly, as if that will help him. Given how rusty and dull it is, he figures it will be little more than a blunt object in a fight, and a fairly light one at that. Should he just drop this thing and prepare a spell? He’d like to. That would be easier, but he keeps feeling like he looks like a loser to all these guys that are better at fighting than he is. He needs to get something done with this cleaver. He’s not sure it is worth his life though.

Mehrfin arrives at a large hall laid out like a profane throneroom. Quildrum waits below.

About a dozen half-naked, emaciated humanoids bark and gibber as they climb over one another and scamper about on all fours.

Sitting above the rest, legs crossed on a high-backed chair set onto a dining table, is another emaciated humanoid wearing scraps of clothes and a wooden crown.

Mehrfin and this twisted version of nobility lock eyes with one another. Then the thing stands up, points at the tornton and barks. The thing’s ghoul “subjects” turn and hungrily move to attack.

[Timer also hits zero]

At that exact moment the far off screeching reaches a crescendo and a terrible vision of horrible evil swims incorporeal through the ceiling and dives straight at Mehrfin. It’s the wraith form of Yag!

Target 15
Timer 0

What do you do?

Muel, Hykon and Morvi move around the edge of the ruins and reach the best approach to get to the scrub orc workers.

In this area are wagons, supplies, scrub orcs moving those supplies, a few cook fires, open barrels of brownish drinking water, and other typical things one would expect in an orcish war-camp.

The slave-driver is marching around keeping an eye on the scrubs.

Off across the noisy camp patrols of snow orcs are moving about.

All I need for now is a flat d20 initiative rolls off the two heroes (Morvi is only a hireling). My initiative roll is 9.

Mehrfin is immediately repulsed by the half naked humanoids. “Well that’s just nasty,” he says under his breath.

Then the wannabe zombie king, or whatever that guy is, does his bark thing and the reality of what’s happening dawns on Mehrfin.

“Ahh!” Mehrfin lets out a quick yelp and chucks the rusty cleaver impulsively at the crowd (Dex 6+1=7). He whips around and attempts to head back down the stairs, realizing his mistake. He doesn’t even see the wraith coming. [That’s how I would see it at least. I roll for your judgement Smittumi. Wis 11+1=12]

[These may be the final moments of this character.]

Muel rolls an 18! (Post limit text here)

Muel, Hykon and Morvi can act first.

The snow orc slave-master does not yet see the heroes. They have the drop on him.

The scrub orcs too, are not ready.

There are not yet any other snow orcs close by.

Target 15 (because you’re in the middle of an enemy camp but they’re not yet alerted to you).
Timer 3

What do you do?

“Mehrfin what’s goin on friend?” Should we bail!?!?!?!.