Play by post anyone?

[Had Beastmaster on disc back in the 80’s. Those were some good times. ]

[Yeah, back in the day my two favorite fantasy movies were Beastmaster and Conan the Barbarian. Still love both those movies.]

Yeah I like all the conan movies

One of my favorites was Sword and the Sorcerer. Even went so far as to create a three bladed sword in a AD&D back in the 80’s.

[Nice! Forgot about this one. Ah, the memories. Will have to look for this one on DVD.]

[Conan 4 life. I’ll post tomorrow now guys, it’s late here.]

What is best in life?
To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

[My favorite part about that scene is when the general shuts down the warrior who tried so hard to be cool with his answer. Conan for the win.]

[Ah, no truer words have ever been spoken! :sunglasses:]

Furlan, Sergeant Kozan asks for volunteers and a stern-faced young Dwarf woman called Morvi stands, salutes and collects her gear. She’ll join you at the gate (HP5, STR +2, DEF +2, other Stats +1, Sword, Shield, Adventurers Pack). Control her as a second character with her own posts.

I think Piper and the spider will take day long turns to train.

Everyone gets ready to leave, says their goodbyes to the townspeople, meets at the thick wooden Keep gate and heads off.

It’s a fine day, warm and breezy. Good travelling weather. The sun warms the party as they walk.

Initially they’re all following the north-west road, and after a couple of miles the road comes to a bridge over a wide rushing river. They cross and from there must depart company.

Furlan, Muel and Hykon, joined by Morvi and Piper, all follow the old road that will take them to the Ruins of Kiln.

Quildrum and Mehrfin break off and head cross country, into woodland and towards the Dryadin Forest.

Everyone can post a turn in this sequence: A) Info they look for (free action, no roll), B) Intended outcome, C) Action and D) Roll.

However!

In this travel Montage while you can choose whatever action you want, the following are special travel montage actions:

1. Intending to PUSH the party forward to the destination, roll CON (and effort)
  2. Intending to EXPLORE around for anything useful/interesting, roll DEX (and effort)
  3. Intending to WATCH for threatening creatures, roll WIS (and effort)

The target is 12.
It takes 1 Heart of CON effort to reach your destinations from Durhadda.
The rounds are one day long.

What do you do?

While traveling along the Old Road, on their way to the Ruins of Kiln, Hykon will keep a look out for anything amiss. Threatening creatures in particular but for anything that may pose a danger.

WIS 1+2=3 (Ouch!)

[Sorry fellas. Hykon must be sleepwalking.]

So, we need to do a CON roll also for the actual travel part?

CON 19+1=20

Just in case…

No, it’s a choice, CON to PUSH forward or one of the other actions.

Muel will EXPLORE for any useful materiel in their plans against the orc encampment.
11+0 DEX [dammit :expressionless:] 2 BASIC effort
“Ow, my eye!”

Is the spider still unhatched? The last post it was still in it’s egg in my backpack.

It can hatch now I think.

While Mehrfin and Quildrum walk down the path toward where we split I’ll watch for threatening creatures
Wis: 13+1=14. Pit fighter on full alert…

I’m going to assume the spider is a female and name her “Luna”. When not exploring the surroundings, spend the spare time during the trip training Luna and Piper. Getting them accustomed to each other, working together, etc.
Explore DEX 15+4
Training CHA 14+1

Just so we’re clear, you only reach your destination when the group achieves 1 Heart of CON effort Pushing the group forward.

@Lordfurlan; I think it’ll need to be one action or the other (but both creatures can be trained at the same time).