Grizzly Encounter Stuff!

grizzly-encounter
supplement

Greetings, Shield Wall! Loving our new home! I’m creating this topic for all fellow lumpy heads interested in GM Grizzly Product ICRPG Supplemental materials. Whether it be JOURNEYS, CIVILIZATIONS, ADVENTURES, MONSTERS, or new and upcoming projects for your ICRPG group, I think updates will be contained here. And of course, stuff will be published to my DriveThruRPG Storepage. Let’s talk ideas, experiences, suggestions and anything and everything you’d like to see! Happy Gaming, and enjoy!

Currently published and available for your gaming pleasure:
2 ADVENTURES (river and/or forest theme)
JOURNEYS
CIVILIZATIONS
MONSTERS VOL 1

Preview of Grizzly Encounter MONSTERS VOL 1 and some of the extra goodies it has!

Can’t wait for its release! Will it be released in time for me to holiday “gift” it to myself? :+1:

It should be done before the Christmas holiday season!

Looks very interesting. Can’t wait to see what you come up with.:+1:t3:

It’s coming :smiley:

Idea for a new class in FORCES: The Quartermaster. Flavor text to come.

Recommended Gear: Greedy Gloves, Supplies, Trappers Gear, Pouch of 50 Coin, Longsword, Crossbow

Starter Reward: Provisioner. Always roll twice on any LOOT Table and roll for Shabby Loot every night. Stacks with similar items.

Milestones:

Sturdy Rucksack: hold an additional 10 Carried Gear.

Brewmaster’s Kit: with Supplies and Effort, brew Gar.

Cooking Pot: With Supplies and Effort, make FOOD Loot.

Guild Membership: Always roll EASY on commerce Attempts

Sticky Gloves: Gear cannot be stolen from you.

Duranium Lockbox: Indestructible. Can hold up to 5 LOOT.

For those who REALLY like LOOT. And yes, Greedy Gloves with Provisioner does mean rolling 4 times for loot. Every time. And Milestones that MAKE Loot (Consumables at least). Going to need that thar Rucksack right quick :wink:

In a sense, this is both a Chef and Alchemist. Make yer healing items, here!

OH DANG! This class needs some kind of Mending milestone!

WIS POWER: Mend and Rend. With a HARD Roll, either fix or break an item.

IT HAS BEGUN!!

The PDF for MONSTERS is finished, pending one final review! Only a P&P and online kit stand in its way now! Time to begin taking FORCES out of my DM’s journal.

After outlining/mapping out the planned content for drafting, so far I’m looking at around 38 pages for this one between tables, character primers, and all the other gibbits. Only an outline, mind you. Makes me glad I have a ton of notes on it.

I’m thinking due to scope that I’ll probably release character art separately. A wee out of the norm for me, but I’m super digging the paint-method right now for portraits and concepts. Would definitely push it out into next year and probably put a price tag on it. Idk, would y’all actually purchase something like that?

Speaking of drafting, I think I’m about done with the first page:

I’m going to try my best at not making it a huge block of text, like this draft page:

Most of the rest are broken up a bit better, at least in outline. Fortunately I do not need to worry about the style and look of the document, that groundwork was laid with MONSTERS and was a large component of its delayed release. Unfortunately, the character art for the document and P&P are definitely going to push this out into next year.

Many re-runs of painting vids with @Runehammer are in the near future :wink:

If I ever find the time and manage to set my desktop up again, who here is interested in YouTube vids on how I make these things from design/art to setup in Scribus? Just curious.

The Conan Build is great. Can’t wait to see the finished product.

I’m not an artist by any means (I can barely draw a good stick person), but I would be interested in learning how Scribus itself works and how you use it. Especially text layout and formatting.

Looking very good bro, except maybe still a bit cramped? Other than that, rock on :metal:

As for YouTube tutorials, I’m sure many will be interested. I’ll be one of them :wink:

I’m going to split up Context and Stats. Look any better? (picture is mostly a placeholder. I think it fits better elsewhere…)

Thank you, @slingstone! Not going to lie, I had fun with the stat builds. Conan is based on the Molok campaign. We’ve been rocking the Heroic and Campaign builds lately. They work out great! Still a decent challenge even in my typical Target 10 adventures.

It’s looking like I might give it a try. Classes are the biggest hurdle right now. Three subjects certainly keep me busy. If there’s one thing I’m thankful this Thanksgiving, it’s a week away from them!

Yes, this is certainly better.

FUTURE UPDATES AND STUFF:

ADVENTURES:

• combining the Black Forest adventures into a single Volume of Alfhiem Adventures

• updating mechanics to ICRPG.

• Updating layout and presentation to the new style

• Changing provided Characters to pre-gens with character sheets

• focus on story for adventures

• Fixing Encounter Tiles to make printing easier

• Fixing online asset file size

• addition of new adventure

JOURNEYS

• updates to presentation and style

• slight updates to mechanics

• addition of space travel /encounters

• expansion of Tables

• maps for Encounters

• updates to P&P pack

CIVILIZATIONS

• updates to presentation and style

• slight updates to mechanics

• addition of space buildings/encounters

• expansion of Tables

• maps for Encounters

• updates to P&P pack

FUTURE PROJECTS:

• FORCES: PC, NPC, BBEG supplement

• MYSTERIES: story, intrigue, crime supplement

• WAR: mass combat, vehicle/mecha/ship combat supplement

• MONSTER VOL 2: undead, ambush, and CHUNK monsters

• DESIGN: adventure/encounter generator

• ADVENTURES VOL 2: Warp Shell adventures

• TILES: series. Maps, encounter boards, terrain assets

• CODEX: complete collection of the Encounter series in one, easy to use manual. Hopefully in both pdf and print.

• REQUIEM: world setting and expansion for ICRPG.

I know it will be some time for you to complete all that Grizzly goodness, but when you’re finished I am definitely doing a softcover color POD of all your supplements combined to have at my table.

I have loooong term plans for that… evil plans. Honestly it’s the reason I started using Scribus.

Really looking forward to FORCES… I’m about to run a game for two players, so having NPC helpers would be great.

Working on it! Depending on what you mean by “about to,” it might not be finished by then. However, an older version of the Companion System can be found here. It’s not streamlined, but the outline is there. Current version is simpler.