Another twist on the Character Sheet

character-sheet

Using MTG Cardsmith (www.mtgcardsmith.com) and the concept of “If it’s good enough for a monster, then it’s good enough for a PC” from Dungeon Crawl Classics, I present a test of a new type of character sheet that doubles as a “mini”.

Repository: Character Sheets

this is reaaaally interesting!

I definitely see myself playing a game using MTG style cards for places, monsters and characters

TCGRPG could be a thing! haha

New Character Sheet. Looks like you can reduce font size on the site.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/

Ooooo. What if you put Armor in the Casting Cost spot? That way it’s easy to find.

Also, reviewing it, I could have saved space by not putting the “Undead Elf Archer” in the large text box. With a little more tweaking, I think it would be more than suitable for starter characters. Once you’ve gathered so much loot, you might need to make a second card with Carried Loot and attach it to the back.

In the Type, you could put Undead Elf Archer, and # of HEARTS. That would save space, too.

Yeah this could be interesting, but we would have to make the stats very visible if this card will be on the tabletop, maybe just a bust shot for the character, to free up a little space. Lumpy Head rpgerminator has a token project that would be great for this.

Casting cost wouldn’t take a number higher than 9, so I put the Hearts there, and Armor under Toughness. Couldn’t think of anything to put for Power. What do you think?

Actually, I found that you can have more than one number on Casting Cost. So instead of 12 you can do 1 and 2.

If we’re after compactness, the ICRPG foundry module just doesn’t put stats that are 0. If you only have a +1 Str just show that.