All not so quiet on Khan's front

khan

Hello my dear brethren,

I’ve been hard at work for almost two months, hence my absence from the forums. An important milestone has been reached and I decided to write this post to inform anyone who is interested about what I’m doing and what’s coming.

Bombshell #1:

KHAN’S SPELLS & FEATS Vol 2. is coming!
The writing is finished as of yesterday. There will of course be many revisions, fixes and changes but the bulk of the work is done. Next step is to port those words into the pretty pdf format and make the page designs. This will take some more time.

I will write another post and provide details there.
Edit: Post is live: Khan's SPELLS & FEATS Vol. 2 Teaser

Bombshell #2:

Great news for those who want to hold a physical book in their hands! Both Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 will be available in soft and hardcover (in addition to the default pdf-only option). Physical books will be bundled with the pdf as they should be. Those who already have the pdf will get a discount for the price of the pdf when buying the physical copy.

Bombshell #3:

This is a bombshell only if you are interested in HERO CARDS. I will combine both decks into one and release it as a printed deck. It will be lovely. This will come later because I will be busy with both volumes of SPELLS & FEATS.

Regular News:

Before the physical book is available, SPELLS & FEATS Vol. 1 will receive an update. After coming back to it months later, I realized that some things aren’t as clear as they could have been. I will make these enhancements and completely redo the page design for printing. This is not a hard work per se but will take some time because I will recreate all of the pages from scratch.

Later in the pipeline:

I will create an adventure module. There has been some demand that I’ve seen and I’m going to create one adventure to see whether I’m imagining things. I am thinking an Alfheim module will be great but I’m open to suggestions. There are many months before a single word will be written and plans might change.

Feel free to chime in with your ideas, suggestions, requests and new product ideas/wishes.

Happy gaming!

Khan's SPELLS & FEATS Vol. 2 Teaser
KHAN'S SPELLS & FEATS VOL. 2 is released!

Hell yes, dude! :raised_hands:
Take your bag of Hero Coins! :metal:
:moneybag: :herocoin:

This is all great news! Thanks for putting out all this awesome material!

Thanks for the appreciation!

Bombshell #4? Maybe not a bombshell, but more of a CHRISTMAS IN JULY - Vol 1. is 25% off for the next 10 days or so. https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/289220/Khans-Spells--Feats-for-ICRPG

SNAGGED.

Bombshell #4 is news to me! Apparently, gods of drivethru decided to do this because I allowed them to make discounts as they see fit, anytime they want.

Go grab it then guys and gals!

Warp Shell module, of course! :+1:

Well for the first one, it shall either be Alfheim or Warpshell, no?

What about a crossover module? Snakemen in space? :open_mouth:

Not a bad idea, but might piss off both camps, who knows. :smile:

I’ve always been in the camp that these were all interconnected universes, I won’t be pissed either way! :open_mouth:
Perhaps, a good way to reach both camps without explicitely doing so, is to have some sort of portal or opening into a “mysterious other world” at some point in the adventure~

This is awesome news! Definitely going in on the hard copies!

Awesome, can’t wait for the softcover books :slight_smile:

Update #1

I finished the new page designs for both books yesterday. Hardcopies will be around the average size of ICRPG core books (they vary from book to book).

KS&F Vol. 1

I’m happy to report that the print pdf is complete!

I’ve been hard at work for the last two weeks. After finishing the new page design for printing, I ported the whole book into it. It is smaller, taller and narrower. I re-read everything and made lots of changes. Around 30% of the book has been reworded but only a handful of mechanics have changed. I had to create a new character sheet modeled after the old one because the old one didn’t fit into the changed aspect ratio of the pages.

Gonna go over the printing checklist and gonna check and recheck everything and will create the final pdf for printing. It should only take a couple of days. If the pdf is approved, then I’ll order a proof copy. That should take a couple of weeks to arrive at my door at most. If everything is alright, hardcopies will be available that day. If not, another round of revisions of the pdf must be done.

I’ll let everyone know how things are progressing.

KS&F Vol. 2

Thanks to the work done on Vol. 1, Vol. 2 is waiting to be ported into the print pdf. While porting, I’ll read everything again and make the necessary changes to the text. Then it’ll be artwork time. Maybe I’ll do an early access before starting to create all of the artwork.

Work will resume on Vol. 2 after Vol.1 is sent to Drivethrurpg, which will happen in a couple of days like I said above. Since I will read and adjust everything again while porting, it won’t be a fast process.

Update #2

KS&F Vol. 1

PDF and cover for the hardcover is sent to Drivethru for approval. Hopefully both will be approved without any hiccups. If no issues crop up, I’ll upload the files for the softcover as well.

Apparently due do the pandemic, printing times have increased to 3 weeks at least it seems. We can always claim that patience is a virtue.

KS&F Vol. 2

Putting all of the writing into the print format is going to start tomorrow!

Update #3

KS&F Vol. 1

PDF approved by Drivethrurpg and I ordered a proof copy. It should arrive in less than four weeks.

KS&F Vol. 2

22 pages are done. It should be somewhere between 100-120 pages when finished.

Update #4

KS&F Vol. 1

Proof copy (hardcover) is on the way. It was shipped two weeks ago. 4 week wait might be real.

KS&F Vol. 2

It is finally “finished”! :dancing_men: :dancing_women: :star: :part_alternation_mark: :stars::sunny::fire::rainbow::zap:
By finished I mean everything is done, including all artwork but I don’t like some of them and will need to redo. Should be done today anyway.
Then I’m going to go over the whole pdf again to see whether I’ve missed something and fix those.
Since both vol. 1 and vol 2. have the same printing template, I’ll have to wait for vol. 1 hardcopy to be in my hands to fix any printing errors.

I think I will release the PDF version before hardcovers are avaliable because that would mean a delay of two months.

Update #5

KS&F Vol. 1

Proof copy is nowhere to be seen. Still waiting… In 9 days it will be a full month of wait.

KS&F Vol. 2

It is absolutely and definitely finished! :stars::sunny::fire::rainbow::zap:
I’m only waiting for the foreword from a well respected community member. After he sends it to me, I’ll put it in the book and then release the pdf!

Printing
Drivethru says that things have really slowed down in their partner printing company due to covid. Now apparently prints take up to a month and shipping takes another month or so. This is very bad news but unavoidable considering this fall and winter will be even worse with the virus.

I am currently working on a PoD card deck but I probably won’t talk about it before I have a physical copy in my hands, which means 3 months at least.

Thankfully my todo list is full of other digital projects. I’ll switch to something else while waiting.

Update #6

There are some bad news, but there are also some great news! Let’s start with the great.

== KS&F Vol. 2 release is imminent! ==

I just received the foreword by none other than our esteemed shield brother @Alex.
I’ll go over everything one last time and release the pdf soon - as in in a couple of days, friday the latest. I’m also working on the website and I preferably want it ready before the release.

Physical products update

I think the proof copy of KS&F Vol. 1 is lost in the mail. I’m going to wait for a week to be sure and then contact drivethrurpg to ask them to send another copy. The problem is, their printing schedule is getting longer and longer due to the virus and mails are getting slower and slower.

Sadly, this means that all physical products, both KS&F Vol. 1, Vol. 2 and upcoming card deck are extensively delayed.

After KS&F Vol. 2 pdf is released, I’ll take a break and think about what to create next. Will probably be an adventure.

Well, sure it will be! Any act of creation is an adventure!

Oh.

Oh, wait. You mean-you mean you’re gonna write an adventure…for to play…

Ah. Imma…Imma gonna go lay down now…