Khan's SPELLS & FEATS Vol. 2 Teaser

khan

Hello again shield buddies,

As I’ve written in my previous post, I am working on SPELLS & FEATS Vol. 2 and have been for some time.

The writing is finished as of yesterday. There will of course be many revisions, fixes and changes but the bulk of the work is done. Next step is to port those words into the pretty pdf format and make the page designs. This will take some time, like a couple of weeks.

I am planning an early access release when the first draft of the pdf is done. Anyone interested can buy the book with a discount during the early access phase to provide feedback and get the content sooner. I’ll make another post when I reach this phase and it should take a couple of weeks at least.

The funny thing is, I wasn’t expecting to write a second volume. I thought I was done creatively after the first one but a few months ago new ideas for spells and feats started to come to my mind. To be honest, I didn’t want to write them down because I don’t want to repeat myself. I can say safely say that I didn’t. There are many interesting spells and feats, along with some new ideas and mechanics.

Let’s spill the beans, shall we…

New SPELL TYPE: CHAOS
That’s right, 13th SPELL TYPE is here! A bunch of wacky, powerful and unpredictable spells. They can make or break you.

203 new SPELLS, 16 of them METAMAGIC SPELLS from various TYPES
On a single TURN, you can cast multiple spells, cast a spell you don’t even know, boost your spellcasting stat by casting a spell, cast a spell twice for the cost of one and many more.

CANTRIPS
Use selected SPELLS over and over again without paying any HP COST and optionally with guaranteed success for a small price

10 new MAGE CLASSES and 10 new MAGE KINDS
Example: BATTERY is a new MAGE CLASS which has an additional HEART to pay the COST of SPELLS. It is ‘healed’ whenever the character is healed.

45 new FEATS
This time there are feats for and against spellcasting and spellcasters. You can easily punish mages for casting spells or reflect their spells back to them. There are also crowd control feats; you can stand next to a dude to hurt his attempts and efforts for example.

SPELL ROLLER TABLES
With this book, there will be a total of three books which have spells in them. You will see where each spell is: on which page, in which book, sorted by TYPE and LEVEL.
Use these tables to randomly determine spells for heroes and monsters.

FEAT LOOT TABLES
Items that give feats to characters.

CONSUMABLE LOOT TABLES
Limited use LOOT makes the game more fun! A Potion of Healing doesn’t have to be single use only.

100 new RARE INGREDIENTS
Alchemists and herbalists rejoice!

TIPS for empowering the GMs
Like I know what I’m talking about.

Some Highlights:
SPELLS

• Cast any SPELL even if you don’t know it.
  • Combine two SPELLS to create a new SPELL.
  • Absorb a SPELL that targets you and cast it later.
  • Forbid a certain event from taking place in an area.
  • Steal abilities from others to use as your own.
  • Summon a duplicate of yourself from another timeline to double team.
  • Replace yourself from an alternate timeline. Play a silly melee for a change.
  • Turn into any creature and give yourself multiple abilities.

FEATS

• Sniff and find LOOT.
  • Be immune to physical damage for some time.
  • Sense hidden things and hidden motives.
  • Reflect spells back to their casters.
  • Absorb spell energies and use them to fuel your own.
  • Prevent healing of enemies.
  • Do automatic damage to enemies.
  • Kill a SPELL being cast.

Stay tuned.

Woah I am really looking forward to this!

:rofl: Sniff and Find LOOT. I love it!

The new PDF sounds awesome!

Thanks!

69 pages are complete as of right now (no artwork yet).

Whole book is done; 109 pages total.

I’m proofreading now (43 pages read and mistakes fixed). Then it will be artwork phase.

If you had to shorten this whole list into the most new and/or most exciting features about this book, what would they be? :smiley:

In that case I’d say CHAOS SPELL TYPE, CANTRIPS, SPELL ROLLER TABLES and CONSUMABLE LOOT.

Edit: I forgot to mention TIME SPELLS, which are rad.

Let me know when you’re done with the project, Khan. You’re doing God’s work over there.

A bag full of thanks man and will do!

Update:
I’m on page 93. 13 more pages with text that should be checked and fixed, then another round of spell checking.
Then it’s artwork time!

All writing and all of the pages are completed as of today!

No more reading or writing until a few select individuals report errors.

Now off to do some artwork.