Writers block

Having a really hard time coming up with “in between” adventures in my warp shell Campaign. My over all story arch and “main storyline” adventures are going great and my players are having a good time. But every session cant be “save the universe” type quests. This is my first scifi game I have run and that seems to be where I get stuck. If I was running D&D type fantasy I got ideas forever. I have tried taking those ideas and doing a “conversion” to scifi but it never seems to work right. I guess I’m just wondering what y’all do when you get stuck like this ( if you do) Thanks for any imput.

So the most frightening thing for me in this type of game is ship issues. If your ship dies…

If you get stuck on the way to save the universe, quickly shift to save yourself. The ship engine dies, backup life support starts your timer, there are 3 serviceable space suites.

Some energy monster is eating you batteries and has ruined your power core. Distress becon needs power to launch, you cannot eat and drink in space suit, the ship is cold.

Or even something punches the hull and air pressure is dropping.

I hope these ideas help.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/m/product/230009

This has 100 adventure hooks plus adventure hook generators

Also, you could try asking your players.

I know it sounds obvious but, I think it’s easy when GMing to worry that, if the players have an input on where the story goes next, it means they lose that sense that the GM has a master plan.

Sometimes it’s nice for them to be able to say, ‘I wanna get to know this place or person better’.

Love the tension of busted ship stories, and how easily they escalate. Impounded ships too, where lots of interaction with officials and criminals and rebels leads to great roleplaying! :grin:

i agree. arc concepts are for gm’s… night by night session content is up to players

Thanks for the help and ideas everyone, I feel like we (my players and myself) are back on track.