Vigilante City - Power: Sonic

vigilante-city

Hello all. I recently ran a couple Vigilante City sessions and had a pretty good time doing it - I had never run supers before and I learned a lot. One thing I ran across was a little confusing to me and I’m wondering if it’s a carry over from the original or maybe I’m just missing something. The “SONIC” Power states that it’s “…especially useful to inflict STUN.”

In Master Edition, villains don’t appear to have STUN POINTS, so I’m not sure how inflicting STUN damage on a villain would work. Any ideas on what that means for damage to villains in Master Edition? Or, is this something that might have been missed getting updated between versions (and I get to have fun making up what it does now)? Thanks!

P.S. - the “MARTIAL ARTS” Power also has one that inflicts damage as STUN to targets.

From Master Edition:

BE A SUPER-GM
DESIGN VILLAIN HEARTS AND STATS
The bad guys listed here are listed with no STATS or HEARTS. That’s for you to
decide, based on your campaign. Consider the TIER approach on page 145.

Thanks for the reply @JigokuBosatsu. I did see that in ME, but if I hadn’t had the original Vigilante City I’m not sure I would have “realized” that Villains had STUN POINTS at one time. I was curious if anyone had come up with anything new or if they had ported over the “old” stuff. I’ll just have to play around with it and figure out what’s fun. :wink: