The Blackwood File (Cosmic Horror) @ RuneJammer 2023

runejammer-2023

THIS GAME IS NOW FULL—WAITLIST AVAILABLE!
ONLY ONE SEAT LEFT! DON’T MISS THIS UNUSUAL ICRPG ADVENTURE!

GAME SETTING: The Cthulhack, an independent, original, free cosmic horror hack for ICRPG Master Edition
GAME GM: Christian Bynum (Chris AKA Li’l C)
DESCRIPTION : Everyone has trouble with the law eventually, and you have had yours. Fortunately, you had your past problems abated with the help of the trusted and skilled Mr. Arthur Blackwood, attorney-at-law in Boston. Years later, you find yourself in your lawyer’s office again, but this time Arthur is under indictment—for murder—and you have been called to help him clear his name. It’s 1927, and even cutting-edge forensics can only go so far, so Arthur is counting on you to investigate and solve the mysterious and bloody disappearance of his wife, Rose, in the next few days before his trial starts… (This session features material from The Cthulhack, a free, independent, original rules-light cosmic horror addendum for ICRPG Master Edition, and the adventure itself is an homage to and adaptation of a free 2017 Call of Cthulhu demonstration game written by John Hook and published by Chaosium.)

JOIN THE ICRPG COMMUNITY DISCORD SERVER

THEN SIGN UP ON DISCORD BY FOLLOWING THIS LINK

WHAT IS RUNEJAMMER 2023?

Index Card RPG (ICRPG) enjoys vigorous growth and a devoted following, now two years after the release of its definitive Master Edition.

In celebration of this anniversary, the Runehammer fan community invites you to join in an unprecedented online gaming event—RuneJammer 2023—an entire week of ICRPG play opportunities and live workshops, with over 50 game sessions offered by our fantastic community contributors.

It is our sincere pleasure to feature EZD6 creator and tabletop gaming legend DM Scotty as a Special Guest GM for a number of RuneJammer sessions.

RuneJammer 2023 welcomes complete newcomers to the RPG hobby as well as gamers of any experience level who want to discover ICRPG’s fast, flexible system, and it features all five adventure settings included in Master Edition—Alfheim, Warp Shell, Ghost Mountain, Blood and Snow, and Vigilante City—offering a wide variety of unique roleplaying adventures presented the Runehammer way.

Join us online from August 24th through 30th for some truly exciting gaming experiences offered around the clock—session participation and system quick-start rules are completely free of charge!—and you’ll see why ICRPG has earned its reputation as an easy-to-learn, easy-to-run alternative engine for all your RPG fun.

Sign-ups are open now through game day! Reserve your seat at the tables today! (Join Discord to register and participate. Waitlist participants will be notified when space becomes available.)

Whether it’s swords, six-shooters, or sonic stunguns, ICRPG can deliver whatever experience you’re looking for at your gaming table, and if you want to be part of the one of best communities anywhere on the Internet, we’ve got a spot waiting for you!

Official information is posted at RuneJammer.com—follow the link below.

THIS GAME IS NOW FULL—WAITLIST AVAILABLE!
ONLY ONE SEAT LEFT! DON’T MISS THIS UNUSUAL ICRPG ADVENTURE!

For this adventure, after getting familiar with the basics of characters using either Master Edition or the free quick start guide, just download my cosmic horror genre hack, The Cthulhack, posted above, and start thinking about characters. The Cthulhack: Cosmic Horror for ICRPG

As for gear, each of you will roll for a “wealth level” and put together a short inventory of mundane but useful basic items. In addition, each of you will be permitted a personal carry firearm—because it is America in the 1920s, after all—from a short list of options I will provide. We will be using the latest version of my own original pseudorealistic gun rules, which are easy to learn and understand and will be pretty simple to implement in this particular scenario. You can follow the whole discussion of their evolution in the original thread over on the Runehammer Online forum. (Eventually, I will publish these gun rules for the community, much like The Cthulhack.) Pseudorealistic Selective-Fire Gunplay for ICRPG: Two Approaches

** THIS GAME IS NOW FULL—WAITLIST AVAILABLE!**

If I get enough waitlist sign-ups for this game who don’t get to play on Sunday, I will attempt to schedule a second session for this game or another ICRPG cosmic horror investigation before RuneJammer concludes on 8/30.