Space Dogfight with WAR | MAKER

Hey shields,

yesterday evening, I’ve played a killer session with a friend of mine (his first time with WAR | MAKER). We used flat tokens (with WarpShell space crafts) as FORCEs and drew a couple of index cards as TERRAIN.

And we came up with a couple of TERRAIN-specific rules during those 3 hours, which I just want to share with you:

BLOCK TERRAIN

• SUN: If a FORCE starts its TURN within one PENCIL near, roll for each MEMBER. Each HIT destroys one MEMBER.
    Can be DESTROYED with 6 HITs. Every FORCE at the battlefield remaining needs to roll for each MEMBER. Each HIT destroys one MEMBER.
  • PLANET: A FORCE can use a TURN to restore. Roll for each destroyed MEMBER. Each HIT means the MEMBER is restored.
    Can be DESTROYED with 6 HITs.
  • MOON. Nothing but a BLOCK feature atm. Can be DESTROYED with 3 HITs.
  • ASTROID. Nothing but a BLOCK feature atm. Can be DESTROYED with 3 HITs.

ROUGH TERRAIN

• WORMHOLE: Any ranged FORCE may shoot through it but re-roll all HITs.
    If a FORCE actively enters it, it is transported to another WORMHOLE in no time. The TURN ends immediately.
  • NEBULA: It covers both, attacker and target. All HITs must be re-rolled if either attacker or target is located inside.
  • DEBRIS FIELD: If a FORCE starts its TURN inside it, roll for ONE of your MEMBERs. A HIT leads to its destruction.

Greetings,
glocke

Seems like you had fun, and a bit of negotiation. I think that is the nature of War|Maker;
Until both sides equal out, and strategy and dice rule the day.