Six Questions to Ask your Friends to Spark Ideas

homebrew

Melissa and I have really been spending a lot of time thinking about how we create adventures. Where the creative things from our nights of gameplay come from.

I realized I was unknowingly sparking ideas from the conversations I was having with my friends during the week. I decided to solidify those random conversations into six questions to ask your friends to help spark epic adventures at your table.

Here is one of the questions:

“Who is your favorite superhero and what makes him cool to you?”

Your friend answers “Wolverine, because of how bad-ass he is and how he can take any amount of punishment and then deal it out.” Your friend was also obviously a 90s child.

Now let’s create a TTRPG encounter(s) that can defeat or challenge your friend’s favorite superhero. Wolverine can heal and take tons of damage.

Three warriors each wielding a blade of pure adamantium approach you and your friends. They are dressed for the northern climates- they look very ragged and road worn. Their clothes have been torn and repaired multiple times. They bear many scars. They warn of an approaching danger. It has been hunting them, dogging them for many seasons. No matter where they go or how far south they travel it follows them. They call it the Omega (saber) Tooth. They are tired and ready for a last stand.