SHOW ME YOUR TERRAIN

inspiration
homebrew
question
art

After several years of on and off work on individual pieces, I have declared this jungle terrain finished for a future campaign that’s been rattling around my head for years (what’s that ominous tribal drumming? Is that the sound of foreshadowing I hear?) and I wanted to see what other people are working on.

SHOW ME YOUR CREATIONS!

WOW! That is so amazing! I am jealous of your players. Nice work!

This just screams lizardmen and dinosaurs to me. Looks amazing. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Damn straight. The drums of foreshadowing are getting louder. I made it for my lizardmen army originally, but since my interests cross over so often, I figure on not wasting it on just wargaming. I’ll be hinting at this project further in the future…

Holy moly, that is some nice craftsmanship right there man!

I am too lazy to gather all my crappy crafts to take photos of them and watch them get destroyed by yours lol.

Wow, that is very cool.

Having finished my first set of basic dungeon tiles, I am working on a board for encounters that need more space.

Your terrain is awesome ANTiGRAV. It’s a small thing, but the mud effect on your board really brings the set together.

it’s no competition! everyone does their own thing. I’m asking for everyone’s to get some inspiration up in here.

I’d love to see how many that entails. these look super stony. I’ve always wanted to make a set like that but my spotlight turntable took me months to finally get done lol.

Thanks, I was going for a swamp look to change it up from the average “dirt and grass” table I saw at the time, the jungles of Lustria should look wetter than those IMO. That’s achieved with a greenish-blue base color with some lighter variation painted over some sand and glue added to the board, then about $40 in Gel medium spread thick with a brush and stippled to make it look like shallow water. Very fast and affordable technique to cover a whole table.

I was joking with my reply (not about the laziness part though). Of course it is not a competition. We are all friends here.

My stuff is largely papercraft, and I’ve not used all of it yet. I just got a 3D printer, though, and am hoping to add some printed terrain pieces into things once I get the printer’s setting properly dialed-in!

Nice on both accounts. is that a filament or resin printer you got?

Filament. It’s the Ender 3 Pro, upgraded with the BigTreeTech mainboard for silent stepper motor operation.

I’ve heard from coworkers who have the Photon resin printers that the smell is horrible. There’s no way I could get my family to live with that. :slight_smile:

I love that jungle terrain. It looks amazing!

As far as my terrain goes, I don’t have a lot of space or money to put ino terrain. I’ve done miniatures in the past and still enjoy them but I’ve had to find a method that works for my situation. I love the art style of ICRPG and the concept of drawing on index cards so I’ve built my terrain system around that. Below is everything I use to run a game.

Its one binder, a deck of cards, and a box,of dice, stands and the flat marbles I use for heart tracking.

Inside ther binder is two UDT 2.0 terrain and drawn monsters and terrain. My UDT 2.0 is done on 97 cent cirular pieces of wood painted with three circles. I count each circle as a near, so players can go from one circle to the next and still attack, or travel a far which is two circles and not get an attack.

Since the UDT 2.0 is more abstract the scale doesn’t matter as much. You always know the distance between the monsters and the terrain regardless of the size presented. The advantage of this is the terrain system can fit in a binder.

I haven’t done it yet but after seeing the zone concept in 5.0 hard core I’ve thought of making three or four of the UDT 2.0’s and using individuals ones for each zone.