Running Altered State? You have to grab Augmented Reality!

altered-state

Hi Everyone, if you have any intention of running Altered State i highly recommend checking out this tremendous resource i found out about earlier today.

Augmented Reality, The Holistic City Kit For Cyberpunk Games by Paul D Gallagher

It’s Pay What You Want, so there is zero excuse not to check it out, and i definitely think this resource is easily worth a few dollars.

What is it? it’s a system neutral cyberpunk city generator. 48 freaking amazing pages of tables, and generators, for everything. buildfings, conflicts, tattoos, sex workers, corporations, their wares and what they are really up. a city worth of contacts… and everything, just see the table of contents to get an idea of its vastness.

The Downtown Drop Down Grid…06
expanded Building Features…08
local Conflict & events …09
Alt-Businesses, Street use & Sickness…10
legacy Tech & Nightlife …11
Sense & The City - Smells…12
Sense & The City - Sounds …13
Sense & The City - Sights …14
Big Screens & Infotainment…15
What’s On The road…16
More Traffic & Augmented reality …17
The Instacitizen Drop Down Grid …18
First Impressions …19
random Cabbies …20
Tattoos & Vice …21
Corporate Aristocrats…22
Boardroom Manoeuvres …24
urban Tribes: Street Gangs…26
Armed response …29
Fixers & Facemen…30
Mr Johnson Job Generator 1: People …32
Mr Johnson Job Generator 2: Things …33
Technical Details…34
What’s On The Corpse?..35
Guns For hire…36
Antisocial Media…38
One Man’s Trash …39
Strange encounters…40
The Things People Do…41
hackable Assets Drop Down Grid …42
Bugs In The System…43
hackers & Slicers …44

Not only is the content extensive but its really well laid out too. So… why are you still here go grab it take a look and then lets discuss!

I grabbed this when i tried (and failed) to run The Sprawl. Great resource for everything cyberpunk. you get what you pay for.

Don’t forget to look for Augmented Reality Plus. For some reason this doesn’t link at DTRPG. Just type it into a search at the DTRPG site. It’s FREE. EDIT: Kind of surprised no one has mentioned Vornheim, also available on DTRPG, as a great resource for fantasy games.

Sick I’ll take a look

This is a great resource. Downloaded it for Cyberpunk 2020 a couple years ago

I checked out Vornheim, i don’t like it as a resource overall, i dislike tremendously the layout.

There are some good tables though that i haven’t seen elsewhere. i might need to convert some of the cool stuff into a different format so it would be more useful to me.

It was the inspiration for Augmented Reality. The thing about Vornheim is that it is written for Lamentations of the Flame Princess, but is still pretty useful. People also don’t like it b/c the author has been accused of abuse and assault. (I went down a rabbit trail on this myself). Turns out he has already won a court case from the accusations.

well augmented certainly took the good bits and dropped the stuff that didn’t work, including layout hehe. Thanks for the recommendation though. it was not for nothing.