Rules Rulings

rules

Played a few rounds of Iron Heart today, it was much fun. Haven’t cracked the expansions but had a bunch of questions pop up in play. I would LOVE for Hank to weigh on on what his intention was! But regardless, we house-ruled most of them to the tables content.

I thought I would share the list and hope that someone else might opine. And just to throw these out there for others who might have the same question, maybe this interpretation will be useful.

Equipment

• Can only equip during your turn; no moving equipment around before a fight

Meteors

• Destroys undestroyable cards (Supply Wagon, Rock Wall, Water Wizard)since they target the realm and specifically say only vaults are safe

ATTACK all other PLAYERS

• We play this as separate attacks, clockwise order, starting to the left of the attacking player
  • Each attack is rolled separately for each player, in order
  • If any player beats the monster, they take the monster into their vault
  • If the monster beats everyone, the attacking player gets the monster.

But Grabber Pod says “if victorious steal 1 treasure from ALL players”, while Agnar says “if victorious steal 1 treasure PER player” Why per vs. all? It feels like the same word would have been used for both if they mean the same thing… so it feels like this means Grabber Pod only gets to take treasures if it beats everyone OR it steals from all players if it beats anyone. The first seems too weak, the latter to powerful. So we play it the same as Agnar.

• If Grabber Pod wins any single battle, it steals a treasure from the player it defeated

As far as the Agnar/Pod, the main difference is Agnar DESTROYS, and Pod STEALS…maybe the “per” and “all” are meaning the same. Just my thoughts on those particular cards.

equipping: Yep!
meteors: yep!
all attack: perfect!
per/all… could be read in a VERY specific way… ALL being each player yields 1 treasure. PER meaninga. total number, taken from any number of players (brutal!)