Risk of Rain 2 meets ICRPG

homebrew

Greetings from Petrichor V!

Here are 21 items from the hit roguelite video game, Risk of Rain 2, ported to ICRPG! Let me know what y’all think of them! :grin:

Link to my spreadsheet: Google Drive

Common Items

Uncommon Items

Legendary Items

Boss Items & the Lunar Coin

Shout out to DryScythe for giving me the idea to make more RoR2 items fit into ICRPG.

These look great, Im definitely using this list in my games! I think chronobauble has a typo instead of “the” I think you meant “they”.

Also just a thought for rejuvenation rack. Would just being able to add your Con to any healing received + Easy Recovery rolls be better? Its just a thought when I was reading it. It is nice as is though. I like what you dead with the pearls and lunar coins. Thats actually kinda an awesome way to use spare hero coins (or make players have a toughe choice in using them lol)

I am thrilled that you want to use these! :star_struck:

Good catch! Thank you. Fixed it in the spreadsheet.

It might be, I’m not sure. Feel free to run it however you like though!

Thanks! I wasn’t really sure if this would’ve been a good idea or not, but I am glad you like it!

If I do another batch of Risk of Rain 2 items like this, I’d like to try my hand at the other tiers that I didn’t touch on. Such as Lunar Items (bought with Lunar Coins, give a benefit and a detriment, cursed loot if you will), Boss Items (I did the pearls, but what about the rest of them?), Equipment (active items that either get consumed or need to recharge between uses), and Void Items (which sort of assimilate certain non-void items into them to grant them an alternative effect).

Just thinking aloud here… Void Items would be interesting because it’s a unique mechanic in the video game. For those unfamiliar, let’s say you have 3 stacks of Bustling Fungus (rapid healing when standing still), and then grab it’s void item counterpart Weeping Fungus (rapid healing while sprinting), well now you have 0 Bustling & 4 Weeping Fungi.

Converting that to ICRPG: I’m trying to avoid having multiples of the same item, which in Risk of Rain 2 having multiples of an item is how you play the game, but in ICRPG I want to limit it so there’s no stacking of items. Maybe instead of having a separate item for Bustling Fungus and Weeping Fungus, you just have the Bustling Fungus which can be irreversibly converted into it’s void counterpart though a special ritual or something. In the video game void items are acquired by sacrificing half your HP to release it from a Void Cradle, which also releases parasitic Void Infestors that can mind control creatures. Maybe in ICRPG the Void Cradle is an occult ritualistic object that imbues the item put inside it with the power of the void.

seeing your reply made me notice so many errors in my own message that pointed out an error in your doc, im in tears :cry: jokes aside now. What if void items were a Unique mechanic here to. Where Players when finding an “alter” can sacrifice any of their loot for a generic void counterpart.
Weapons for Void Weapon
Armor for Void Armor
accessory for void accessory
consumable for void consumable
makes it so its less about what exact item is being exchanged and more about what kind of item is being exchanged, making for a smaller and less complicated list when it comes to void items.
I know its not how the game does it but creative liberties and all that when it comes to translating stuff to the tabletop. Just thought id give an idea to throw in cause i think youve got a really cool alternative loot thing here.

I like that, maybe these generic items are considered “Void-Touched” which is like a mechanical modifier of sorts that alters an item’s effects depending on the type of item being modified, at the GM’s discretion. I’m not going to look at every item and try to make a viable void touched counterpart though because that sounds exhausting.

The idea that “The Void” is a corrupting force in the world may force you to confront the cosmology of your game’s world. For those who love worldbuilding I bet that sounds like a blast, but for everyone else it might just be extra work for them, so let’s try to make something interesting that would be worth putting the work in for!

Maybe putting something in a Void Cradle means rolling 1d20 to determine whether or not the item successfully transformed into a void touched equivalent. Meet or beat a Target of say… 14, failure results in the item decaying in some capacity, success results in a usable void touched item.

If you roll too low for it to be successful you may sacrifice 5 HP to sweeten the pot and give your roll a +3. Optionally the target number and the +3 bonus could be GM only information, keeping the players in the dark about whether or not sacrificing 5 HP will be enough. Let’s say PC rolls a 10 on the Void Cradle, GM says failure, PC would like to sacrifice half a Heart to boost their odds, the GM doesn’t tell PC how much their odds were boosted, but they do tell the PC that it still wasn’t enough. The PC then has to decide if they have more HP to burn or would they rather lose that item. If they really need that item, they could sacrifice more HP for an additional boost, but that’s it, if it still fails then the item is gone, if it succeeds though I’d give it a really good void touched modification to make sacrificing that much HP worth it.

Now if the item is from this or any batch of RoR2 items and that specific item has a void item counterpart in RoR2, then I’d say the Target becomes Easy (meet or beat an 11) the in-universe reason could be that the item stared into the void and the void stared back and reached out to it, making it less void touched, but more void imbued. A genuine void item indeed.

Link to Spreadsheet

Change log:

• Reorganized the spreadsheet
  • Added Backup Magazine & Paul’s Goat Hoof
  • Added Ghor’s Tome & Lepton Daisy
  • Added Laser Scope & Wake of Vultures
  • Added Void Item icons for applicable non-void items, haven’t worked out their effects yet though

Feedback is always welcome!

Spreadsheet Link

Latest Additions:

Things I still need to do:

• Lunar Items
  • Equipment
  • Spell effect for Blizzard (Runald’s Band)
  • Spell effect for Event Horizon (Singularity Band)
  • Make stat blocks for the six boss monsters listed with the Boss Items

Link to Spreadsheet

Latest Additions:
Lunar Items are items created by the final boss of Risk of Rain 2, Mithrix (King of Nothing), these items are cursed, granting something good while doing something bad in return, they all cost Lunar Coins to acquire.

Equipment are items that you activate to trigger some special ability or effect. In the video game each survivor (playable character) has 4 abilities and space to carry an Equipment to act as a 5th ability of sorts.

Things I still need to do:

• Blizzard spell effect
  • Event Horizon spell effect
  • Monster stats & abilities from Boss Items
  • Stats for ally monsters from Halcyon Seed, Queen’s Gland, and Newly Hatched Zoea

Let me know what y’all think! :smile: