Questions

For starters I am really hopefully that someone familiar with the game can start an FAQ soon now that digital copies are available.

Questions:

1. I could have missed it but at the start of combat players select a phase (1,2,3,4 or 5) for round 1. Do players then select a new phase at the start of each new round? I’m starting to think the answer is no.

2. Coins and Cash under Tables and Treasures. What are these for if you use hero points to purchase and upgrade skills and equipment? Or is that if you find a “Gold Bar” for example you can exchange it to some NPC for the Hero Point value?

3. It doesn’t look like there are any type of Boons +1d6 / Banes -1d6 or Easy +3 / Hard -3 or roll 2d20 with Advantage / Disadvantage roll modifiers? I would assume a GM could house rule using one of these methods without breaking the game? I personally like boons / banes.

Not using coins is going to be hard for me to wrap my brain around, probably for my players to. I think a great option, if you have seen it, would be to use the Shadowdark RPG Carousing rules to earn Hero Points instead of XP.

1. Phase selection lasts for the entire encounter. When you have your next encounter, you can elect to act on a different phase, and then you’re locked in through that encounter.

1. Once a phase is taken then it is locked in for the rest of the combat

2. used for valuing nonweapon or armour treasure, their value is the amount of points equal its worth, they also hold significant in world value listed in their details

3. listed on pg 123 as, “call for diffuclty/penitaly” and hero coins are given to plays for epic plays so that would be your boons

I have another question and I hope it is OK to ask it in this question thread.

1. Page 16 says “Every 10 hero points earned, you’ll gain a bonus reward specific to your hometown.” I have searched the pdf but I can’t find another page where this is listed or explained.

2. Any good advice on how often to award hero points and for what?

Howdy,

I came here today to learn more about thoughts and ideas on Hero Points. I found several very useful and thoughtful posts by simply searching “hero points” at the top of the page. Check 'em out if you haven’t found them already.

Regarding your question about hometown-specific rewards, the best that can be said is that there are more volumes for the game coming up, so perhaps that will be covered in detail later. Meanwhile, as a GM, it’s an opportunity to get creative.

1. For advice on this topic, see page 52: Deeds.