No Dice Mini-Games - anyone else use?

When my players get a normal Chest, I play a mini card game with them to see which Loot Table they get to roll on. I have 12 cards:

• 5 say Ancient
  • 2 say Shabby
  • 2 say Bizarre
  • 1 says Epic
  • 1 says Cursed

I shuffle the cards, spread them all out on the table and the player picks one.
It’s been alot of fun for both me & my players.

I’m wondering if anyone else uses mini games to shake things up at their tables?

We played actual blackjack with the devil in Ghost Mountain!

Also idk if this counts but I usually let players negotiate their magic items selling/buying prices depending on the ammount of syllables in their names.

Like, the PCs selling a Fla-mming war-ha-mmer of scor-ching death for 900g while the shopkeeper insists that it is a fi-re ha-mmer worth only 400g haha

I love the syllabel counting!! That’s awesome!

When we could play at tables, I really loved using this as my Insanity minigame/mechanic.

You just blew my mind.

I just want to point out that cards are good for mini-games where you can either draw and play a card, or draw and hold it to play later. Using them as a way to randomize what you get when you pull a single card (i.e, there’s no “holding” or “playing”) is no different from drawing up a table and rolling against it, except perhaps that you can use different number spreads like 1-11 rather than 1-12, 1-20, etc.