Newbie Gots Questions - Recovery Master Edition

question

Master Edition clarification needed on how non-magical healing works as there is this variance.

HEALING AND FIRST AID pg. 17
Be it through magical means (D10) or medical tools like bandages (D6), you or allies can heal you during battle. There are many ways to heal and be healed, as you’ll discover the more you play.

Basic Loot pg.44
HEALER’S CASE: Using this kit of bandages, tinctures and serums, heal 1 HP on an ally with an INT or WIS roll. Includes bottles, scalpel, and antivenom.

I don’t see that as a variance. It just means that the basic FANTASY loot item, healer’s case, has band-aids that heal 1 hit point, whereas you might find better tools out in the world that heal d6 or better (magic or nanoclot at a d10). In a modern game, a gunshot trauma kit might heal d6. I think this difference gives you lots of flexibility, depending on the world you are playing in or your game.

Players may find consumable bandages (without a check, heal with tool effort or straight d6) or potions (without a check, heal with magic effort or straight d10).
Recovery with CON or healers-case-use with INT-or-WIS is just another flavor :slight_smile:

i think the key word there is “newbie”. For someone not already familiar with ICRPG there could be some confusion. The whole DIY mentality is not overtly promoted by many systems and none so much as ICRPG. For the sake of people just finding the game, a page or two addressing this and the possible text they might encounter would be good.