New Hero Path: Futurion

Hero Path: Futurion

You’ve found yourself stranded in the past with a bunch of primitive screwballs.

Health: 5 strikes

Armor: Light(6 armor saves, same Miraculous)

Boon: Ranged weapons and science

…My Boomstick!: You have brought a gun with you from the future effective both in melee and at range. Crit on a 5+. With your knowledge, you can produce as many rounds of ammo as you have the time for during narrative time (3d6 per week).

Klaatu, Barada . . .: You can cast magick from scrolls (or magickal tomes). You start play with 2 scrolls at random.

Groovy, Baby: You have a boon to handling social situations.

I’ve been looking for more EZD6 homebrew stuff. I appreciate you sharing. At first glance this looks pretty powerful. Is there a reason the Futurion has +2 Strikes?

I was on the fence about including them. It seemed to me like every other hero path has some defensive capability (medium or greater armor saves or some other ability), the other major exception being the brute (who also has 5 strikes).

So five strikes seemed like a good defensive option, and also emulated the source material (the slapstick ability of Ash to just keep getting pummeled and going on).

Makes sense. Seems a little OP. Maybe not. I guess you never know until it’s playtested.
Maybe there is another route to take, so that the Brute is still unique and also to highlight the slapstick-ness of the Futurion.
Just throwing out a bad idea to get the creative juices flowing…
What if the path had something like this?
Call in the stunt double: Once a session, you can completely ignore the results of an enemy’s attack on you.

I used the Conjurer as a basis for comparison since the two paths’ abilities are fairly similar. On reflection, it might not even need a defensive capability (use of scroll magic and enhanced crit range for gun attacks being really useful), so I’m inclined to just drop the strikes down to 3 and not replace the extra two with anything else. Here’s the revised version:

Hero Path: Futurion

You’ve found yourself stranded in the past with a bunch of primitive screwheads.

Health: 3 strikes

Armor: Light (Save against Wounds on a 6 / Miraculous save 6)

Boon: Ranged weapons and scientific projects

…My Boomstick!: You have brought a gun with you from the future effective both in melee and at range. Crit on a 5+. With your knowledge, you can produce as many rounds of ammo as you have the time for during narrative time (3d6 per week).

Klaatu, Barada . . .: You can cast magick from scrolls (or magickal tomes). You start play with 2 scrolls at random.

Groovy: You have a boon to handling social situations.

Great job!
Freaking hilarious, AND balanced and playable!

This is fun, but I would definitely change it so that fewer of the path features were just copies of inclinations already in the book. Maybe replace Groovy, Baby with:

Loud-mouthed Braggart: boon to inspire those around you in dire situations.

and change Klaatu, Barada… to: can cast magic from scrolls and magic tomes, but only by spending a karma, and there are always unintended side-effects when casting.

Wait… is his other hand a chainsaw?

I love it! Take a hero die. :game_die: