My first rpg is in the post 😁

So I got into rpgs last year and have been absolutely hooked. I originally was very unsure about learning d&d and wanted to change a few of the rules. I found runehammer and my eyes were opened. I downloaded the quick start icrpg rules and have watched all runehammer videos and dungeon craft too. I’ve read 5e pdfs, dungeon world, blades in the dark etc. I now have a draw full of homemade index cards, hand drawn maps and minis and am on my second dm’s journal. I run a game for my son and his friends and I can’t believe the great times it’s given us (soon a couple of my friends and family are jumping into our world also). My wife asked me what I want for my birthday next week, I immediately joined the shield wall on patreon and ordered me a hardcover icrpg book from drivethru. I felt my first real financial input into this amazing hobby just HAD to go to to Hankerin. I thank you for all the content you create, for creating an amazing community (genuinely one of the friendliest I’ve seen anywhere) and enabling me and my son to share some amazing memories. It’s going to be a pleasure to stick your book on my shelf (then I’m ordering worlds and magic :wink:).
Happy New year to everyone also

Everything about this post is awesome! Welcome to this great community and best of luck in your tabletop adventures!!

Awesome!!! So glad you are part of the Shield Wall!!!

Here’s to many many more amazing RPG moments in your future.

:muscle:t2: :medal_military: :beer:

Wow!!! Thank you so much for your post and Welcome…

Thank you, cause you are the proof I was wrong on a weakness ICRPG had, and many grey beards playing role playing games since they where in the single digits could not see.

I was already coming around but you are proof!!!

Remember any advice we provide comes from good places, but in reality, this and all RPGS is between the person running the game and the players!!! Just the table…there is no wrong way to play!

Welcome! Posts like these are some of my very favorites to see. There truly is a treasure trove of information lurking in this community.

Can’t wait to hear more about your journey in the future!
:metal:

This post gave me life for all the good reasons. Thanks a lot, mate.
Welcome <3 Have a good one :,)
Cheers!

Welcome and thanks for the inspiring story… May you tankard be full and your dice roll high! … Game On!

This is such a great story. Keep playing and let the dice roll high!

Your story is inspiring yet saddening at the same time. Why? Because if you start with ICRPG, any other system may look like a complicated mess to you. :smile:

Welcome to the fold brother! :beers:

Welcome in! I loved what you had to say and I agree full hardheartedly.

This community is amazing and inspiring. Welcome.

Skaaaaaal!

And welcome to the shield wall.

Thanks so much for the welcome. My book has arrived and is on top of the wardrobe where it awaits until my birthday on Sunday. (I’m actually being good and not opening it). My 2 brother in laws and 1 friend want to play and have pencilled in a session for next weekend. They’ve never played an rpg before. Im going to blow their minds and have a sneaky plan to get them hooked and want to play again. 1 of them is a huge final fantasy fan, he’s receiving a gunblade from ff8 at the end of the session. 1 loves skyrim, he’s receiving a dragon shout ‘foos ro dah’ at the end. 1 is a grafitti artist and loves God of war. He’s getting a magic pot of paints where you can apply war paints to your body for different bonuses. That should hook them :wink:

For newcomers to the RPG hobby, ICRPG is a superb choice. It takes maybe 15 mins tops to explain them the game.

I laughed at you being a good boy. :+1:

Have a Happy Birthday and good luck with the game session! Let us know how it went if you can.

Strength, Honor, and Beer!