Learn to Use Fantasy Grounds!

I’ve seen a few posts around about Fantasy Grounds, and there seemed to be some interest in learning how to use it, compared to Roll20, so I’m here to fill that need, however small it may be.

The session will include a short tour through FG’s interface, character creation, and then a quick encounter or two to show everything off in action, all a custom ruleset for ICRPG. If you’re curious about Fantasy Grounds and interested in learning a bit about it, I’m going to be hosting a short little one-shot game on Feb 18th at 5pm PST.

If you’re tired of Roll20, looking to branch out, or just getting into VTTs, this is the perfect opportunity to explore an option that is often decried as “behind a huge paywall and learning curve.” Lets get together, roll some virtual dice, have some gar, and play RPGs like big ol’ badasses.

I’m definitely not tired of Roll20, but I’m willing to at least see how the other half lives. Lol.

Count me in!

6am on a Tuesday? Can’t make it man.

Oh, crap. Was supposed to be 5pm. I didn’t scroll down the list to see it was 24-hour. My bad

When is it in EST or EDT?
Eastern Day Time or Eastern Daylight Time? 'cause I am definitely available!

We’ve got daylight savings time over here too so I think it should be 8pm your time.

Can’t make it this time but would totally be up for it if you decide to do it again. This is a really cool idea!

Yup, if there’s still people lookin’ to learn and play after this, I’ll definitely run another session.

So, 8 PM EST? Alright! I’ll definitely be there! :smiley:

2 AM.
Merde!
Would have loved to try it

I can also show anyone around in FG most evenings, Central Time, just DM me and we can set it up. I can spend an hour or so with you and show you all of the features, run you threw combats and character creation etc.

We will use Discord for voice and you can just download the Fantasy Grounds demo application.

FG with ICRPG or D&D?

Good question, I realize now I didn’t specify. ICRPG for sure.

Awesome! Thanks for being willing to do that.

There are still a couple of spots open if anyone else is interested! (Don’t believe the RSVP thing at the top, I don’t know if I can un-book someone).

Thank you sooo much for that! Great effort and great work getting all that going!!! It looks and feels great!

I had a great time tonight learning Fantasy Grounds. @George_Taray, thanks so much!!!

Big shout out to @Paxx, @Alex, and @Kevlar004 for being awesome people and helping me test the system. It was my pleasure to host, and I look forward to gaming with y’all in the future.

Sorry, I was in tech mode tonight and not in game mode. I’m usually a more engaging player/GM. But I don’t transition from logical/learner to dynamic entertainment without time or alcohol.

I do have a question though!!! Can the adventure site be up for players to make characters a few days prior?

I think there might be a way for players to create characters locally and then have their GM import it, but I’ve never tried it. The game server itself is up as long as the GM has FG running and is connected, so the Gm could leave it on for a day or two for people to use, but I’ve seen some performance issues when it runs for more than 6ish hours.