It wasn't a challenge, but I made it one

Last month I spoke with Hank for a short bit about what it means to be a professional in the hobby-gaming scene. I’m looking to take my map-making and player/GM tool creation to Patreon in an attempt to start up a side business creating art. I’ve gotten a lot of encouragement from my friends, players in my games, and from many of you here, so while Hank and I chatted I wanted to know how I could push my craft forward. After a few short questions he had diagnosed what I needed to do, and it was beautifully simple and encouraging:

“Get faster.”

Shield wall, I got busy. In a month and one week I made 3 modular map packs for fantasy dungeons. It wasn’t a challenge, but I did make it one. Here’s the evidence! Mwahaha!

Hank, thank you for the insight into faster workflow and the encouragement. You rock harder than a boulder. Strength, honor, and beer, my friends! :smiley:

48%20PM

Cool, what is your patreon ? :slight_smile:

That is amazing man! i find myself in a similar boat. i want to take my crafting to the next level, and try to make it a career as well. i would love to pick your brain on your process if you are willing. i have been trying to make at least one thing a day, usually doing a few. during Hanks marathon i got super inspired and drew through the whole stream (minus a 20 minute break to make some food real quick). I am super glad that this community is so supportive and creative. i really do hope the best for your new venture! and sincerely let us know when you launch your patreon/ what it is if it is already launched!

“Get faster” is certainly great advice and it looks like you certainly embraced that! Great work and good luck on your new venture with Patreon!

Thank you for your interest! You can find me at patreon.com/daydreamsandtinkering :slight_smile:
I’m pumped to make more RPG stuffs, but I’ll be figuring out the Patreon stuff as I go, haha.

Hit me up anytime, Lich! I’m always down to rap! I just launched my Patreon and am terrified, lol. Daydreams & Tinkering is the page. :slight_smile:

you just got yer first patron! congrats man! i will definitely take you up on that offer sometime. whats the best way to communicate with you? discord or here on the forum in a pm works pretty well for me.

Congratulations! Keep up the great work! :smiley:

Hey everyone, if you wanna support this great asset creator here is the link. if you have an extra $5 burning a hole in your pocket i suggest checking it out. https://www.patreon.com/user/posts?u=16393995 i think the content that is up there already is super worth the subscription, and i cant wait to see more.

You should show us what your props look like when put together, a map for short. ^^

Here are some screenshots from roll20 as I developed and tested stuff! Dungeons, ahoy! :smiley:

I’ve had a blast making these, and I can’t wait until there’s enough to mix and match things. Here are some screens from an older set, and a scifi set that both haven’t been released yet.

Dude, your maps are awesome! I love the gardens and caves!

It is great to see you producing man! I stated many times that I love your art style, so this is a boon. I’ll support you as soon as I can.

Good luck with your patreon and try not to starve like me. :joy:

Joined your Patreon! You have some great art. Looking forward to what you create next. Good luck on the journey.

Wow, thank you so much for the support! :smiley: