Is this okay for this community?

craft

Hi !

In short, is it okay for this community if i post about the ttrpg stuff i’m creating ?
All will always gravitate toward delivering tools for the DIY game master to use and tinker with.

I won’t spam the forum of course, i’ll post about it once or two a month and it will be related to ICRPG.

To be more precise, i’m starting a newsletter about all the tools a GM can use to build his next session.
It is my way to share my enthousiasm about the hobby, refine my thinking and document my creative journey.

The GM’s toolbox newsletter include also a dev log, documentating the developpement of the programs i’m building to help me in my prep’. (I am a programmer and i can’t help myself doing it haha)

To give you an idea, here is a screenshot of what i’m currently working on. The app is still in the prototyping phase and what you are seeing is not quiet yet the final result i want to achieve.

If you are interested you can check the substack page : https://sandboxfantasy.substack.com/

Thanks for your time. :slight_smile:

I can’t answer for everybody, but this looks/sounds pretty cool to me. I’d like to see more of what you’re working on.

Ok, yeah… i should have sent a message to a moderator.
I’m a fan of ICRPG since Drunken & Dragons and that ttrpg has is such a great system to tinker with.

This app is in my mind since 2017 but i couldn’t build it on my own at the time. Now, i’m good enough in programming to start this journey.

So, what is the idea behind ?

I want a sandbox campaign setting (quest, villages, monsters, dungeons, caves, NPCs, etc) in an instant. “Click” and you generate a great base to use at your table and modify at your will if necessary.

Here it is, this is what i’m building and i search people to test it and criticise it.

This idea obsesses me and i love it a lot, i really need for some people to tell me what is wrong with it or even what could be better version of it.

If you want to see more of it, just subscribe to my newsletter, i’m planning to document each week what i’ve develop concerning this app.

(Sorry for my english if i made mistakes, i’m belgian… french speaker) ^^

Hi there Nice to meet a fellow Belgian/programmer in here.

While the link is broken, the progress looks promising as a hexcrawl tool!
Nice progress so far.

That’s weird…I clicked his link the other day and it worked.

I have rework what i want the newsletter to include… in short there were too many subjects part of it, so i decided to “rebrand it” and call it Sandbox Fantasy because this is litteraly what i’m developping a Sandbox Fantasy app to create West marches and sandbox campaign. ^^

It is not common to meet another belgian, we must be a lot arount here.

Sorry ^^’
I made some changes -> https://sandboxfantasy.substack.com/

I think the sharing of projects and adventures along the way is pretty welcome here. id say feel free to post until someone complains, which I doubt someone will.

You are totally good to post and share your game here! :raised_hands::grin: A whole lot of us do and we welcome you to the looney bin, lol. :shield:

Ok, yeah why not. ^^

Cool ! :slight_smile:

I’m trying to get feedback about my game so don’ refrain giving your opinion, it will be welcomed. :slight_smile: