Is anyone running where players roll defense?

question

I’m thinking of having armor being a straight bonus and having players roll armor vs. the room DC to see if they dodge/block. I.e. making normal defense work like a save. Is anyone running this way? I would like to know how it’s gone for you if you’ve tried it.

A different different approach to Target Numbers

You can do it and in fact some people play the game that way. Mechanically there is no difference between the GM rolling attacks or players rolling defense BUT as a GM I love rolling dice and most of the shield wall seems to feel the same so we are not gonna give up rollin’. :smile:

I like rolling also but now you got me thinking about the math for it… would to hits be subtracted from AC and PC rolls under?? maybe a bit boggish to the flow but preliminary thought

I’d drop to hit mods for a Easy/Hard, and have the players roll+ARMOR against DC, like a stat check. Simple and fills the same space.

yup… there it is… good call!

I don’t remember from who, but I recall that someone said that the players felt there was too much rolling.
I’ll try to run some tests the next time I run a 4 man game.
This would be a great change to convert ICRPG into a Solo RPG or GM-Less RPG too.

Players felt there was too much rolling? Interesting. Maybe it would feel that way if the enemies were making a lot of attacks.