Iron heart card clarification - SKULL BOMB

1st off, I know this card could/should be houseruled.problem is our house has different interpretations of how to rule this card.

Skull bomb card

If victorious - destroys any 3 cards. Easy enough.

If defeated, meaning the skull bomb does not go off, the attack fails.

The card simply says it attacks the next player. Here is where our disagreement comes in.

In a head up game, and the skull bomb is defeated…

1. Does the skull bomb go back to the initial attacker and attack them? One of us thinks this makes perfect sense. The bomb simply ALWAYS goes to the next player clockwise. Until it blows up. Then the initial attacker would always collect the skull bomb card and always gets to put it into their vault, because it will eventually go off. The risk is that the attacker could lose 3 cards if it blows up in his hands. It’s like a hot potato. The other aspect of this, would be that it always goes clockwise. Not always to another opponent.

This “hot potato” interruption seems to capture the feel of how this card was intended. As a regular monster card it is a bit under wealming.

1. The other though one of us has thinks that in the heads up situation, if the card is defeated it simply is treated as a normal monster. And the defeater puts the card into their vault. The card does not go to the next player because there is no next player.

I’m a multi player game, it would goto an opponent and skip past the original attacker.

Any thoughts.

So iron heart forum doesn’t seem to get alot of traffic.

If you are reading this… Cast a vote for which option you think is better? More correct? Or how you would house rule the card?

So please vote: #1 or #2

I vote for #1. The bomb goes on to the next player at the table and should continue attacking until it blows up.

The only caveat I would give would be that the bomb is only defeated if it has already gone around and attacked each player at the table.

I believe the original attacker should be included in that rotation. The possibility of blowback increases the tension in deciding to use it.