I Just Released My First RPG!

Greetings everyone! It has been a long time since I have posted here. That’s because I have been hard at work the last couple years developing my own RPG system. I am happy to announce that it is now complete and has finally been released on DriveThruRPG. I put a lot of love into this, including a ton of illustration work. So, check it out, it’s a great little rules-light game designed for quick and easy gameplay.

Happy gaming!

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/en/product/484167/GRIT-Fantasy-RPG

Success, sales, and fans to you sir! o7

Thank you so much, I really appreciate that!

Aaaaaaaaand…purchased! :sunglasses: Congratulations, Jeremy!

It is wonderful to see the fruition of your hard labors. Your system is superb and well suited for its intended applications, and your book looks beautiful. I can’t wait for my physical copy to arrive. I hope GRIT enjoys continued growth and success.

To prospective GMs and players…

Jeremy has been working hard to develop and thoroughly playtest his GRIT Fantasy RPG system over the last couple of years. I was in on it, and the core rules are spectacular. The game is fun and easy to learn, yet it is sophisticated in what GMs and players can achieve within its elegantly simple rules set. Jeremy is not only knowledgeable and experienced in the hobby but also a very talented visual artist and a real sweetheart of a guy, and I don’t think I know anyone who deserves more recognition for building a great roleplaying game system from the ground up.

Guys, this is an indie rules set not to miss! Worth every penny.

Aw…thanks Chris! I have to say, it was so great to have you in some of my play test sessions, they were among some of my favorites. I really appreciate and respect your knowledge of rpg games so it was a real treat to have you take part in the process! It was so good to see how you handled character building and gameplay, that helped me look at some things with a renewed perspective. Thanks for the plug here too, I really appreciate that!

Hopefully I will be able to see you in some future GRIT games. I will begin testing the sci-fi version soon if things work out according to plan. It would also be great to get in on some ICRPG stuff with you as well!

Grit is super fun! Lots of nice concepts in there. And the layout is really nice and clean.

I think the Gloopgore might be the most terrifying monster I have seen in a long time!

Great work, representing tons of hours.

Thank you so much Alex! The Gloopgore is one of my favorites, they’re nasty creatures.

Yes, countless hours of work…

DOOOHHHDDE!
Aloha from Maui. We have got your GRIT game… printed it out and are having a blast.
We here in Maui LOVE THE COUNTER-ATTACK option the Game Provides. SUPER_DOPE!

Saw you pipe in via TEXT on a YouTube Morning Grind…

That was great because it clarified the Question we had regarding Counter Attack for a
Ranged Weapon. NOW I understand that you can only chose the COUNTER-ATTACK
reaction against RANGED if you also have a RANGED Weapon.
Soooo what if you drop your sword and whip out your bow…
(using your minor or free action)…
or have a hand axe in your hand that you could throw (?Interrupt?) the Ranged attack…
Presuming of course that you roll higher?
Would that enable a COUNTER-ATTACK against Ranged?

ALSO the difficulty LEVELS are 3 and 6 and 9 and 12…on a d12
(LOVE the d12 as the Main Dice!)
In the game it states that you have to roll OVER these…Numbers…
so If a TASK / ATTACK is “EASY” do I have to roll an actual “4” or Higher?
i.e.) Does a Roll of a “3” still make it?
Please let us know!
Bravo and Mahalo! (Thanks!)
Thomas & Friends
in MAUI HAWAII
P.S. When is the SPACE Version of GRIT?

Hey! Thank you so much for picking up the game, I’m so happy you are enjoying it!

Clarification on counter attacks:

If you are attacked with a melee weapon or brawling or any kind of Might-based attack and you have not yet taken a turn you can choose to counterattack with a melee weapon or brawling (you can also choose to take the hit). You cannot counter a melee attack using a ranged weapon.

If you are attacked with a ranged weapon and you have not yet taken a turn you may counterattack using a ranged weapon (if you have one). All of your gear slots are considered to be accessible at any time so as long as you have a ranged weapon you can counterattack with it. Again, you can choose to take the hit OR dodge.

Yes, with the Static 3/6/9/12 you must BEAT those numbers. So EASY (3) would require you to have a total of 4 or higher to succeed (so, no a roll of 3 will not make it).

I am currently writing GRIT Galaxies, I expect perhaps early to mid 2025. There is a lot of testing yet to do and all the illustration work.

Thanks again for checking out GRIT!