Homemade reference sheet - ICRPG

sheet

Hi roleplayers. I have been working for some time on a reference sheet for the Index Card RPG-system. My incentive has been my own rpg-background which is - zero.

Biographical
Last year I used a lot of time with the Pathfinder System as my first rpg-system ever and it really impressed me - and didn’t really fascinate me or “lit my creative fire”. Then I spent some time with Savage World and it turned out to be close to my need for roleplaying “seeds” - but as a rpg newbie I had forgot the rules and the concept after a break in a period of 5 months.

Learning mode
ICRPG then hit me and here I am. There are many ICRPG-sheets out there, but nevertheless my work on a reference sheet is motivated by two elements:

1. Rpg-games are still new to me so I have to work my way into the mentality, the terminology and the system-thinking in rpg in generally and in ICRPG specifically.
  2. I come from Denmark and a lot of - really inspiring and interesting - writing in this clever and creative forum is filled with implicit terminology, expressions, hints and associations I have to explore and understand.

That’s why the reference sheet is aiming to do two things: 1) Nailing the core of the ICRPG-system, but also 2) opening improvisational possibilities leaning to other principles from other systems. Not RULES, but PRINCIPLES! I stick to ICRPG’s rules and really like the system’s flexibility. I guess it could have value for other newbies like myself.

Focus on framework
Following link goes to two kind of documents:

A) A reference sheet where page one contains strict rules while the following pages are inspiration, categories and reflections - me learning things. I do mention people and systems that inspired me on these pages.
B) Home-drawn cards with transparent and “empty” pictures of PCs, monsters, loot, equipment, city- and landscapes, etc. On top of each page I have written the content of the page you are looking at. The pictures are meant to be “seeds” or “beads” for theater of mind - just like Hankerin’s index cards. Use these If they inspire you.

[Link to reference sheet: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1WPCI93z2AggoSnoiCGBEuPp1_3ABqHdq]

Example:

Other props - making ICRPG on the spot without your usual stuff
Here are some pictures showing other prop-solutions:

My card drawings should fit 6,3 cm x 8,8 cm sleeves. I cut the cards and put them in the sleeves together with appropriate Bicycle Cards. Now they are stiff and fit into my transparent plastic stands - if I want them to stand up.