Hard suit

So I really wanna get the book. But what exactly is the play style or theme of the game. Beyond what is listed on drive thru. Can I get any more depth?

The idea sounds cool. But just looking for comments and such.

Thanks

Its a light sandbox hexcrawl with ancient tech vs nature feel. The ancient tech is seen as very taboo. Also there are massive titan like monsters that roam the land. Overall it is a toolbox that you would expect from runehammer to take what you like and leave the rest

Ok cool. I can get behind that. I do love the map. Thanks

Also, play to discover character creation rules.

Here’s a reply I posted when another friend asked me about Hard Suit:

It’s a science fantasy setting about an advanced human culture that collapsed to medieval level. The source of the fall may have been Realm Gates: power sources that tap other planes of existence. PCs are amnesiac warriors who have Hard Suits: basically powered armor relic tech with some real limitations, particularly power. The author encourages a “build the characters as they go” style of character creation that isn’t to my tastes but is innovative, and the book does provide for more conventional ICRPG style of character creation as well.

The world provided has both magic and tech and is a mishmash of different cultures all on a relatively small continent that the PCs explore. Focus is on exploration and resource management although there are many conflicts in play. The question often seems to be: How can they be Big Damn Heroes and not run out of power or parts?

The background is open but interesting, leaning more towards fantasy over sci-fi. There are new rules for the suits but they are so loose that the GM will be filling in a LOT of holes themselves. The same goes for the denizens of the world, who are not given any game stats but are left for the GM to fill in using the Tier System from ICRPG.

I’m finding it a bit of work due to how kind of sloppy it all feels, but that same looseness encourages me to change things to my liking, which I think is what I want right now. There are many great ideas here (and a few not so great), but the ICRPG system seems easy and robust enough for me to decide what to use and what I can discard and replace with my own. YMMV.