Gods of ICRPG List?

question

Has anyone compiled a list of gods from ICRPG Core and/or Worlds (excluding Ghost Mountain)?

Just browsing the sources this is all I have found so far and not sure I have them accurately (please share any corrections):

• Evil God Thoon, Alfheim - god of snake men? Sarvas is his servant?
  • The Dead God, Alfheim - god of the wretches of Ynsmuth
  • Elder Gods Azatoth or Ogdru
  • Sett the Serpent God
  • Frog-god of the Hut People
  • Guud - Goblin god?
  • Azatoth -Warp Shell god

I was considering piecing together a somewhat canonical list for the ā€œSchool of Godsā€ option (Core/2e pg.47) for the school of magic just to give it some additional depth of detail for the PCs.

I canā€™t officially speak for The Author of ICRPG, but my educated guess is that he does not want to canonize a pantheon. The reason being, heā€™s part of the DIY RPG movement and understands that YOUR creations are going to be better than his because YOU made them. Also, the very act of coming up with things like lists of gods is often the most fun part.

I havenā€™t officially announced my forum yet, but I have a place where you can establish your own version of any RPG setting in a shard that only you control. Itā€™s called DeadInGastonia.com. Hereā€™s a YT vid on how it works.

I get it, and I like to let PCā€™s create their own gods, but some players arenā€™t as inclined or motivated enough to create their own so I just wondered if others had a similar list already created that I could ā€œstealā€ from to complete a basic list for those players and reduce their ā€œchoice overloadā€. If not, the gods I have listed will more than suffice.

I will check out your website though, thank you! :v:

Thereā€™s this little mention in Core 2e.

Kā€™toolhu is the god of Ynsmuth
Nyarlotep on page 53 Core. In my campaign all the Lovecraftian gods are involved in the ICRPG Worlds. :octopus:

Thats the Fun of not having a Canon in the Book :wink:

As mentioned the DIY Style is all about ICRPG i donā€™t think there is a ā€œrealā€ canon.
But i do see a Chance for a Thread in the Forum where everyone just puts in his Ideas for Gods? As an Inspiration Source?
Would that be cool?

A thread with a list of gods is cool. :+1:

Itā€™s not my intention to organize or create any type of authorized gods canon or go against ICRPGā€™s DIY sensibilities (which I enjoy). Just looking for a list of gods already in the Core/2e and World books that are ā€œcanonicalā€ only in the sense that they are at the very least mentioned one or more times in one of those two ICRPG source books.
I have some friends that Iā€™m working with to get them to play ICRPG and they are fundamentalists with their current system. I find it would be much easier to convince them to play ICRPG if I can gain a sense of comfortable familiarity that they are accustomed to in their current system. And they will read every page of my ICRPG books before playing and they will memorize every jot and tittle. If a gods name is not previously listed, they will question it without exception (rules lawyers and tacticians). I hope to free them of this supressive burden they bear currently by introducing them to ICRPG and the concept of DIY and creative expression. :wink:

I wish you Luck for your task :smile:

Fun topic!

In my writing so far, I can stand by this list:
Rel: Also called Yana or Treewalker. A ranger-goddess or nature guardian
Udin: The dwarvish god, lawful, allfather persona but without the devious side
Thorr: Yup, itā€™s Thor!
Ogdru: The tentacled entities trapped in giant crystals somewhere in deep space. See also: Hellboy
Sett: From Conanā€™s world, an undying serpent or mummy type god
Thoon: Total effinā€™ mystery
Guud: The goblin god of grilling, late night drinking, and gadgetry
Azatoth: The screaming chaos god or ā€˜idiot godā€™ that has no awareness, only random fury

I want to worship Guud for real. xD

If you look closely, the goblin nation has a huge, town-sized bbq pit on the Alfheim map :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s awesome! LMAO
(WARNING: spoiler map image below in case you want to find it on your own)

hahah there it is!!!