Game table made from scraps

craft

Just finished this table in prep for my first ever in person campaign. It’s made from scrap plywood and a pallet I got from the junk pile behind a local business. Old spray paint goes a long way to making it look serviceable. Anyone else doing any cool crafting projects?

That’s a good-looking table! Very impressive building that from scrap wood. Keep up the good work!

Just papercrafts and turning sword handles for me.

Thanks. Made for a fun afternoon.

Turning sword handles? For actual swords? Like on a lathe? That sound awesome.
Also, are the paper crafts for your games? I am new to using index cards as game accessories and would be excited to see what you have going.

Yep. My friend asked me to replace their rapier handle with some Indian Rosewood so I just turned it on my lathe.

As for papercraft, I’ve been working through a BearCats campaign so last week I printed out and crafted a big drop ship map so my players had the space to play in and then I print out the paper minis and occasionally turn the Index Cards into paper minis so it stands up on the table.

THE GOLDEN BOWL OF POWAAAAAAAAH!

Nice work.Thanks for sharing.
I have only just started wood turning on a spring pole lathe I built. Let’s just say that no one is asking me to turn for them at this point.
Also, the sword made me instantly think “my name is Inigo Montoya you killed my father. Prepare to die!

Those maps are epic. Do you use an oversized printer or just patch them together from standard sized sheets?

Killer work on your table @Graphicorgnizer! I love that you made it an octagon.

Awesome! Looks great. What’d you make that dog out of?! :slight_smile:

So you’ve got the made with scraps down- was it also built in a cave?

That’s pretty impressive looking!

This was Last year…never did a full writeup.

Gaming table/screen.

Hormel Chili and tennis balls

That’s great. +2 weapon effort for your use of a blow torch.

I took a previously used project board and revitalized it into a drawing board. Glue and wood screw was used to attach two ribs on the back to keep it from bowing and a 1x3 beveled for the back. The edge (below the light box) is a door weather sealer (foam) - keeps the pencils from rolling onto the floor and is easy for the arms! The whole piece is secured to the table by clamps allowing the kitchen table to become available again.

The table is made from a counter-top and 2x4s many years ago. The main kitchen table is in the middle of the kitchen and used as an extension to the work area. To the far wall (off camera) is a folding TV table with my ink/watercolor supplies. The little wooden shelf, with the blue tape stuck to it, has rubber cement to keep it from sliding. The ink stamper and lights are held together with bits of kneadable eraser. Room under the table for long rulers and tape. The top edge has a strip of paper for working with dip pens.

New dice box that holds cards and poker chips. The dice are jumbo size btw.

IMG_3945 IMG_3944

Here is a mini dice tower I made awhile ago, it’s worked out very well.

:+1:t3:

Add a spray booth to the arsenal (sorry about the blurry photos).