Free Form Magic [PDF Tri-Fold]

Hey shields.

a while ago, I’ve been posting some ideas on a Formless Magic approach. Meanwhile, I’ve been revising the ideas while using a similar approach at the table in my (nearly) weekly in-person game.

This supplement is about allowing free form spellcasting using ICRPG with as little modifications as possible. Its main idea is to make spells more flexible to encourage roleplaying but ramp up the volatility and danger at the same time.

It contains of a printer-friendly. tri-fold page featuring

• Spell Fumble ideas using Runehammer’s THINK DECK
  • Spell Domain ideas
  • Spell Artifact mechanics
  • GM-Guidelines to handle the chaos that’s abount to unfold

Free PDF: https://glocke.itch.io/free-form-magic-for-icrpg

Have fun!

Cheers
glocke

Whoa! I really like what you have going on here! It is written in an easy to understand format. This is something that has not been on my radar but it has me thinking on how it could be introduced into my own games. Thanks for making this available to us!

This is really nice work. As a freeform magic GM, you’ve really covered the bases and laid out a nice simple system.

I really like the idea of fumbles based on the Think Deck. Your use of “Allies” and “Revelation” as examples was really clever. I immediately thought of “Allies” and couldn’t see a clear way to make that a fumble, but you nailed it. If “Revelation” came up in play it would have broken my brain for a minute too :laughing:

I’ll definitely be making use of the Think Deck fumbles, and I should use Timer As Delay more often too! Thanks for sharing!

Well done! Very tidy and tight, and I love using the Think Deck as inspiration for a fumble; that’s a great idea all on its own!