Epiphany regarding Blood & Snow armor?

blood-and-snow
armor

So I have just had an epiphany regarding the degrading armor in Blood & Snow: is it possible that I was looking at all of it wrong and that armor loot should simply be counted and not held? I mean by that that you do not write down the piece of armor and then degrade it over time as you receive damage, but that you add the maximum amount of armor to your total and then forget about it?

Either I’m wrong or this could be the way to go forward. I always found it weird to suddenly have to get super specific about pieces of loot on my character sheet for that one book. Repairing isn’t too complicated: repair effort. Introduce armor damage to lower the maximum armor of a character and voilà! :sparkles:

I’ve fixed Blood & Snow’s armor in a way that has yet to be tested but feels satisfying (to me at least)! What do you guys think?

I’m inclined to use armor as just a extension of HP that you recover by Repair and you lose the ability to repair it when you roll a 1. But you don’t have 10+Armor for defense you only have Armor in this case.

Enemies and creatures can roll against the TN as everyone else or just roll against 10+Dex, since the idea is parry, block or get out of the way, you’re not using metal armor, these are mostly thick pelts. The more they bite and hit you the fast they turn into rags.

You are right, maybe we should call it Padding? :joy: