Easy Heart Tracker

craft

I stumbled across a good way to track heart points I thought I’d share. I sometimes use these little melted marble sort of things that to indicate monsters or other things. I found if you place them over a drawing it slightly magnifies it. So I made a numbered card and I can move the marble up and down the numbers to track heart points. They come in all sorts of colors. Red does work but it can be hard to see. Clear is best. I use this one for monsters. I can track several monster or monsters with high HP. These numbers can be added on the side of a character sheet for easy tracking too.

Sadly…I just use a small dry erase board. Your idea looks much more elegant.

I have to credit my wife on this one. I was trying to make d4s that would track hearts in quarters. She said look you idiot and wrote out a number line. Then we discovered the glass and it all came together.

The glass tokens work great for this!

This is an incredibly elegant solution to the problem of tracking a shifting value without pen/paper. I’m going to be using this alongside Ironsworn’s paperclip approach, depending on the assets available at the time.

Thanks!