Die Roll Generator Challenge

inspiration

Hey folks!

I first saw this idea in the Dungeon World Discord, and knew our own forum HAS to make something similar. Basically, we come up with a massive continuous dice generator full of interesting bits. I think it could be a great way to get our creative cogs churning!

I think I’ll also link another thread to this one. We can discuss things there, and keep this one strictly for the entries. Here’s the Discussion Thread!

Here are the Rules:
If you make the last entry, you get to do the next prompt! Choose 1 d4, d6, d8, or d10 . If you don’t prompt within an hour, anyone who sees it can prompt!

• Keep to the current region, If you think the region’s about done use your prompt to finish it off with a “end boss loot” or “what happens next” type prompt.
  • Use an element from the last table as inspiration, if you can.
  • Favor the specific over the general, the evocative over the simple. But try to keep your entries concise.

I’ll start us off:

Dice Roll Generator Challenge Discussion

[I’ll start us off!]
Strange Things are Afoot at New Haven

The air is oppressive, and people keep their heads down while going about their life. Its always eerily quiet, and a dense fog always seems to hug the area. The tall Gothic buildings are in stark contrast with the more recent squat wooden buildings.

New Haven was once a prosperous fishing city, but the seemingly endless stream of fish dried up one year. The majority of the city’s inhabitants moved out soon after, leaving the region’s economy in despair.

The region’s governor has undertaken some rather … extreme tactics to revitalize his town.

1d6; Who is this mysterious governor?

1) Wayne Trevon is a plump man in his fifties with balding red hair and a handlebar mustache. He seems to be sweating constantly, and is always fiddling with his handkerchief.

Wayne is the Governor of New Haven, and has kept the seat for nearly a decade because no one else wants the title. He’s corrupt to the core, and will do anything for the appropriate bribe. His laws are restrictive and harsh, and even the pettiest crimes lead to long sentences.

Locals whisper of Wayne’s connections to the nearby Arlston fighting pits, which is a corrupt scandal in its own right…

2) Lorance Ashel is flawless… at least on the outside. Beneath his flawless complexion, hair, and clothes hides a spoiled brat of epic proportions. He is cocky, cruel, egotistical and believes the world is his playground.

Lorance became governor recently, and most assume it was thanks to his father’s influence. He lacks a moral compass and is motivated solely on his own pleasure. Ever since Lorance became governor, he has used his position for his own gain and won’t hesitate to let New Haven rot to support his life style.

Some sources do say that Lorance may be a scapegoat to draw attention away from something much more unsavory…

1. Kence Menton has been the Governor of New Haven for a considerable amount of years, and people have had a lot of respect for him, however, ever since the fish supply has been dwindling, he’s taken a turn for the worst, taxing the residents of New Haven, getting harsh on lawbreakers, even ones who maybe innocent.

However, Kence may be only a pressured puppet and other forces may be at work, pulling the strings and tarnishing Kence’s image for their own personal gain…

1. Lilith Bluebeam : she is an alien woman covered in tiny, dark blue scales. While her feline eyes glow with a dim, yellow magic, she barely has any knowledge of such occult powers. As such, she mistrust spellcasters a great deal.

She rode into New Haven a few weeks ago, clad in a long & black cotton dress and a cloak of the same color, declaring herself the newly appointed Governor of the region by the king. She has the Deed to prove it and the will to impose her authority.

In response to the vile atmosphere and situation of the city, she has ordered the construction of a grand cathedral in the name of an unknown deity… when she isn’t at the construction site to supervise the workers, she remains hidden at the town hall: most people in the town grumble at this turn of events…