Dice Drop Dungeon Generator

I was watching an online review of Oath of the Frozen King, which is a kit to build your own adventure setting. It looks really great.

The reason I post on this good day is to highlight the rather cool Dice Drop Dungeon Generator, which would work really well with ICRPG’s Index Cards or, indeed, a roll table. I feel confident in posting the example here as it is put on the artists website.

As you can see it takes into account the position of the dice and the number generated to assist in laying out the dungeon.

Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzstyTMXQBw

Mapless Maze Maker expanded edition

I have the book, and it is an awesome resource! The “out of the box” Frozen King adventure and setting it comes with is very well fleshed out, and makes for an awesome one-shot. But the adventure kit method and the dice-drop system makes it an incredibly useful resource beyond the Frozen King adventure. It comes with tons of additional room suggestions and reskinning advice, but the core idea can very easily be reskinned to sci-fi settings as well. Can’t recommend it enough!

This Oath of the Frozen King book looks great. Arctic/subarctic setting? I was already cooking up a campaign that mixed bits of Blood and Snow with Frostbitten and Mutilated. Some Frozen King added in might be the perfect snow grimdark mix.

So how does the generator work?

If its a dice drop system, the location of the dice is where the room is. The number is whats inside.

So the number refers to a table or something?

Thats normally how it works

Nothing in our hobby is normal

Nice! Thanks for posting this. I’d not heard of it, and I have a hard time figuring out what to do when creating a map- dropping dice seems like a nice way of randomizing. After watching the videos, I had to pick it up!