Confused about "all rolls" terminology

question

Hi!

On monsters description, taking into account that:

“ROLLS: Monsters include ROLL Bonuses. Some feature a simple ALL ROLLS bonus for all Checks and Attempts”

What the difference between “+2 to all rolls” and “+2 to all stats and rolls” and between “+5 dex, +2 to all others” and “+6 stats, +2 all effort”?

Thanks

I can’t find the post that discussed this once but usually it refers to: ALL rolls = both stats and effort. +5 dex, +2 all others = exactly that, +2 all rolls but +5 for dex. +6 stats, +2 all effort = +6 to the six primary stats and 2 to all four efforts.

Basically interpret it as either all rolls, all stats, all effort, or + to specific rolls. I hope that clears it up a little bit.

Thanks for the reply!

So “+2 to all stats and rolls” is the same as “+2 to all rolls”, why are they described differently? Aren’t stats only used in rolls?

Also, as mentioned my first post, shouldn’t the "all rolls” bonus be applied only to Checks and Attempts, that means a d20 roll?

I’m under the impression that effort bonus should be only applied when specifically stated, as in “+4 stats, +2 weapon damage”, and that “all rolls” is the same as “all stats”, but I might be wrong.

I hope someone else clarifies because it’s becoming fuzzy to me on trying to remember lol. I always play as “all rolls” being attempts and effort both. But yes I believe all stats and rolls is same as all rolls. Again hoping someone chimes in to help remind me!

I’m on same page as @Kindred.

Treat “+X to stats and rolls” as just an inconsequential slip in consistent terminology—artifact of DIY process—and move on, treating it as “+X to all stats and effort.”

Unless you get a wild hair and want that +X to “all rolls” to apply to TIMERS created by the monster, number of Heroes affected by its multi-target power, etc., but not Effort. Which is the only other way I could see that sliver of phrasing difference making sense.

A good way to fix this in our own DM journals would be to write:’’+2 to all Attempts.’’ or:’’+2 to all Attempts & Efforts.’’ or, again:’’+2 to all Attempts & Efforts & Timers.’’ That last one can just be ‘’+2 to all rolls’’, though.