Check out A Thousand Thousand Islands by Zedeck Siew

inspiration

I just received a copy of A Thousand Thousand Islands, all the way from Malaysia! It’s a series of zines for an rpg setting in a fantasy south east Asia. Jungle villages ruled by giant alligators, a temple of the Tiger-Cult, a mysterious moth-man hiding in the forest, appease demon spirits with hot chili’s, rare herbs and spices! The art work is fantastic and it’s easy to plug it into any game you are running, as it doesn’t use stat blocks, it’s more conceptual. You can find PDF versions here: https://athousandthousandislands.itch.io/

From the itch.io site you can get instructions on how to order physical copies. Basically you need to reach out to him personally to have them shipped over, but he came through and the product is outstanding for a independent publisher. Questing Beast does a review on his YouTube Channel for a in-depth look at the product.

If you want to add something with a different flavor of fantasy and wonder to your game, I highly recommend checking it out!

This is SO COOL. I’ve been trying to find content created and well-executed by people from these regions for years, now.

Top on my wishlist, now.

Oh shit, I just started reading HANTU! This is some serious horror material if you want to delve into how to deliver to your players. He taps into something that is grounded in the real world, but stinks of the eldritch and will give you and your players some very powerful experience. This is not light reading, be prepared to get a little freaked out. But if you want to avoid the tropes, and really get into some terrifying concepts that will bring urban legend type horror to a fantasy setting, it is well worth the read. Be forewarned, it will give you the jibblies, some serious hibbly-jibblies.