Celebrities as NPCs

craft
inspiration
art

I have been working on some digital art ideas for a little while now. My concept is to take celebrities and sitcom characters and turn them into NPC’s. Here are a few I have so far; Steve Orkhill (the nerdy wizard), Carl Windslough (the town guard), Father Daniel (Dwarven Forge Cleric), Andre (the half giant commoner) Erik Andre (The Court Jester), Al Bundy (the cobbler), Guy Flavorstone (the dwarven chef), Duncan Trussel (the wandering Druid), unfinished Joey Coco Diaz (the street thug), Sir Charles Dayman (the eccentric nobleman), and King Phillip with his adopted prince William. Let me know what you think, or if you have any more suggestions I would love to hear them!

The Wunder Lich: a pen for hire

These are awesome! Guy Flavorstone 2020!

Thanks a lot, I appreciate the compliment. I have only recently stepped into the world of digital art so I’m glad they came out well. I try to doodle a lot but mostly keep all of my art media analogue.i can’t wait to get a little more practice and learn some little tricks to make these pop a bit more.

I’m with you there! That’s such a fun and overwhelming place to be: knowing how much you don’t know and looking for answers. I always see the pros’ work and think, “Maybe someday…” :smiley:
But seriously, that’s a bunch of content to put together for the theme. How long have you been drawing these?

I have been working on this series for about a month or so. Doing one every few days. I have also been doing character illustrations for my players from my spelljammer game that wrapped up at the end of last year. It’s fun and frustrating trying to figure all this stuff out. Especially considering it’s just my iPad and a stylus I got for 5 bucks at office max lol. I’m nowhere near the pro level of equipment or skill yet, but a fella can dream right? Hahaha