Battle map for my home game

art
battle-map

Ahoy there Shield Wall!
I made a battle-map for my home game and thought I’d share it with you. This is going to be the scene of an ambush on a cliff side road for my party.
If you need a high-stakes ambush area for your game, you’re welcome to download it and use it on the vtt.
One of them has a hand drawn grid on it, which I think is a little more fun than a rigid one on a hand drawn map like this. Thoughts on that?

Effin sweet! I prefer maps without a grid because then I can scale the grid myself if I need one.
Do you take commissions? xD

I would also typically say no grid but I like how you did that. It adds texture to it that gives more of an old school vibe to the overall map. Do you print it out as a single sheet or multiples and tape them together? Always curious about how people implement their art at the table!

Great question and I’m interested in how anyone does most anything. Often it’s mundane, but normally you get gems in people’s interpretation, or seemingly normal actions.

@Chaologic, nice map. Seeing it on my phone I thought the trail was a river.

5’ grids adds to it’s dollar value if selling to the D&D/Pathfinder crowds. For everyone else, no we can scale it as is.

The hand drawn grid is more fun as a visual image though.

It’s a huge map with very limited playability. 30 feet by 200’ or so. While the map is 150x 190 or something. It could have been smaller, you took pains for esthetic reasons.

It is really pretty and playable though.

Very nice!

Your style is similar to 2 min tabletop’s maps, which is a good thing because they are compatible, and it looks great.

I could give a commission a shot! Feel free to message me the kind of thing you’re looking for and we’ll take it from there. :slight_smile:

I don’t have a printing guide for table use, it was a map I needed to create quickly and get on a VTT asap.
But I’ll look into how to make printable maps in the future and get some tabletop assets together. I’m still new to all this, so my knowledge is still trying to catch up to my desire. :slight_smile:

It’s definitely a small playable space built for a real scramble, and that’s something my party has a difficult time with so I wanted to make them a little uncomfortable. :smile:
Plus, it’s hard to sell the cliff’s danger if they don’t see the long fall down, haha!
Thank you for giving me some things to think about when drawing maps.

VTT definitely makes more sense. It would be a lot of ink for a print and play / single night of use map. I read home group and assumed; I forget how much can be done digital now for pretty much every aspect of an RPG.

TV embedded table is on the project list…February at the soonest for me though.

Yes, it’s a good idea to have a black&white map version available